Chapter Three: Hello Mason

"HEYYYY! Julie!!! Sharon!!! HIIIII" Scarlett runs over to us and pulls us into a big hug.

Scarlett James; the soon-to-be only doctor from our classmates and one of the nicest people you'll ever know. She was so kind that if you knew her, you'd think being a doctor is the best thing she could be. Saving lives, healing people and caring for them was practically in her DNA.

Not only was she the only person becoming a doctor, she was the only person to have arrived at the venue before us.

"Where is everyone else?" I ask as I looked around the club and didn't see anyone else I knew from school.

"I guess we're here early. I saved us a booth to sit at. They won't give us the lounge until everyone from the reservation is here." She says while she rummages through her phone.

"Spoke too soon!" Someone from behind us said. We turned to find Scott, James, and Lauren in front of us. It was so nice to see them! Now it felt like a reunion!

"Where is everybody?!" Scott asked with his arm around Scarletts shoulders.

"No idea. Waiting for them I guess?" I chuckle

"I hear Mason is here, it's been a long time since we saw him and the others too, so this will be fun!" Lauren says in excitement

"Well, turn around cause he's here alright" James looks towards the entrance and raises his hand to wave.

We all turned around precisely at the same time to find two guys walking through the door. One of them was Chad, who we all knew and waved at. The other guy was at least 6 foot tall, tan, built, thick beard and intense brown eyes. He was wearing a fitted white tshirt with a navy blue shirt over it. He smiled at Scott and Sharon as they both hugged him at the same time.

"Mason!" Sharon screamed

Sharon told me the three of them were best friends and were inseparable. When Mason moved to London, they were devastated and it took them a while to process and get over it.

"Hey munchkin!" He said with a chuckle and looked toward us. Scanning each of our faces to recognize and greet. He froze when he saw mine.

"Ummm... I'm sorry I don't seem to remember you..." he says with his hand scratching his beard

"That's cause you don't know her. She transferred here the year after you moved to London. This is Julie. Julie Das. Julie, this is Mason. Mason Valentin"  Sharon explained

"Makes total sense! Hi..." he says as he extends his hand out for a handshake.

I smile warmly and reciprocate "Hi..."

He then proceeds to meet everyone else and greet them while many others joined after them into the club. So we were finally given our lounge.

Everyone chose their seats Sharon ran to the table where Scott and Mason were (surprise) while grabbing my hand and taking me with her. She sat right in between Mason and Scott and I sat next to Mason.

He and I had exchanged a conversation or two. It was nice. He and I had so much in common and at times we were alarmed at the things we both seemed to equally have interest in.

While we ate, everyone switched tables and shuffled here and there to catch up with as many people as they could. Somehow I always ended up sitting right next to Mason and we'd laugh. He'd ask if I was following him, and I would ask him the same and ended up talking the entire time.

After we ate, everyone spontaneously decided to head to our school and take pictures there. I got a call from my brother asking me to pick him up from the doctors office from his appointment as his tire blew out. I dreaded leaving, but had to... so I approached Sharon to let her know I was leaving so she could go home without me.

"Awww... can't you stay a bit longer?" Sharon said with a puppy dog face. Lauren and James overheard.

"What do you mean stay a bit longer? Is Jules leaving?" James asks. Mason turns his head to look at us when he overheard James ask that.

"Yeah unfortunately I do... something came up and I can't get out of it." I say in despair.

"Do you need someone to drop you off?" Mason asks.

"No im good, I have my car. But thank you..." I smiled.

I went to every table, saying bye to everyone and started heading out towards my car when I heard someone calling my name.

"Julie! Wait!" It was Mason. I grew curious as to why he came over and felt my heart race.

"Yeah?" I asked as I felt my palms moisten as I held my car keys tight.

"You forgot your phone..." he says as he hands over my phone.

"Oh... shit! Thank you!" I laugh as I put it in my pocket. He stands there still, looking at me, not saying a word. It felt new, in a good way.

"Okayyy... I'll be on my way then... thanks again for bringing my phone out." I say as I take a step back towards my car.

"Okay! It was really nice meeting, and getting to know you Julie." He smiles as the sun kissed his face, enhancing his deep intense brown eyes.

"Yeah, same here.." I smile back and stay in place as we locked eyes for what seemed like hours.

"Hey Mason! Get over here!" Scott yells from the parking lot as everyone made their way out towards their vehicles so they can head over to the school as planned.

"Yup!" He replies as he takes a few steps back fixating his gaze at me, and runs towards Scott's car, while giving me one last glance.

I felt a sensation in my stomach that tickled. My cheeks felt warm and my legs felt weak as if they were holding a huge weight. My gaze broke from his and I came back to my senses as I got into my car, took a deep breath, and realized that this was something. He was something. Interesting, cute, funny, kind, charming..... wait a minute....

What is happening to me???