Part 7 (I'M STILL HERE B!TCH)

(//TW/CW: HEYY before we get started, I just wanted to put this out there, there will be:

GRAPHIC DESCRIPTION OF DEAD PEOPLE

in this chapter, you've been warned.//)

The phone call Sasha had received was a tell-tale sign of how the rest of the day was going to go, the entire conversation consisted of the following:

"Hello?"

"Yes, Detective Egorov, we have something you need to look at, it's urgent." an officer's voice echoed through the phone.

"How urgent?" he hesitated, turning his head to the others and then turning away, "I have the victim's families in our investigation headquarters right now, can't it wait?" he stated.

"Yeah about that, bring them along, they may want to identify the person."

Sasha's skin grew cold, his heart beginning to patter strongly in his chest. "We'll be there right away..." he said blankly.

"Oh, and Sasha?" the voice called out before hanging up. "The coroner's on her way."

All of the detectives and others piled in the back of the cramped cop car, managing to squeeze all five of them in the front and back.

"So Tammy, how do you know Sasha and Matt?" Hestia asked quietly.

"Well, I met the both of them in high school before, y'know, I transitioned." she pointed to her hair. "Matt's also trans, but Sasha is one hundred percent man." she chuckled.

"Wow, first you called me a coward, and now you're calling me one hundred percent man, you flatter me, Tamm." he laughed "And here I thought our breakup in high school drove you away from me!" he fake gasped.

"Wait, wait, WAIT." Wren moved her hands around in confusion "You two dated?!" she questioned in utter confusion.

Matt laughed at all of them, "Haha, yep, I told Tammy it was a bad idea, but noo, "He's cute," and "He's okay with me being trans." not like that mattered anyway though." he muttered.

"I still don't." Sasha jabbed Matt with his elbow in frustration, "We had to break up because being in a relationship and going into the police force is almost impossible if you don't beat your partner." he sighed.

The rest of the car ride was silent, the awkward air couldn't manage to be broken, despite multiple attempts to start a conversation, to no avail, the rest of the tedious ride to the location was completely silent except for the faint rumble of an engine under the hood, and wind blowing past the car.

The group piled out of the stuffy police car, and onto what appeared to be a crime scene, the caller was correct, the coroner had not yet arrived, so in the meantime, the detectives of the group had time to investigate.

"So, what do we have here?" Sasha asked approaching one of the officers near the entrance of the scene.

Wren looked around her surroundings, seeing endless amounts of yellow crime scene tape, and an old abandoned house, clearly not lived in for decades. The roof was caved in, revealing the inside of the house, just as decrepit and run down as the rest of the crumbling building.

"This place gives me the heebie-jeebies..." Hestia whispered to Wren. "Why are we here again?"

"Well girls," an officer approached them, pointing to the house. "There's someone in there that you might recognize, it'll put a wrench in your investigation though..." he sighed with obvious exhaustion.