Part 11 ("Date night?")

(//Just a heads up to readers this chapter is completely self-indulgent and hardly plot-relevant by any means, and will be focusing on Tammy and Sasha's relationship after Tammy decided to give both of them another chance.//)

"You two promise not to burn down the place while we're gone?" Tammy asked, throwing her coat over her shoulders, arms jetting into the sleeves. "The last thing I need to come back to is you two surrounded by an ashy funeral home."

"Promise!" Wren exclaimed, practically shooing her out of the main doors. "You two lovebirds have fun on your date!" she sneered.

"It's not a- you know what, whatever, I'll just enjoy my time with Sasha..." she mumbled, grinning the second the door slammed behind her. Waiting patiently underneath the canopy of the funeral home for Sasha to drive by and pick her up.

It hardly took him five minutes to show up, Tammy was quite surprised by how fast he arrived.

"Hey there hot stuff, ready for our night out in the town?" he flirted at her.

"Shut up." she blushed, opening the passenger side door, sitting down in the seat. "Let's just go, you said you had something special planned?"

"Sure do, just you wait." He responded with a smile, speeding out of the parking lot and down the road. 

They drove for what felt like forever, leading out of town, past the square, and out of the perimeter of the town. The sign read "Now leaving Exland" waving them farewell as they sped down the road. 

Suddenly, Tammy felt something touch her left hand, peering over at her fingers, she noticed Sasha attempting to creep his hand over hers, slightly flinching at the contact, Sasha's hand moved away, gripping the shift gear. Tammy wasn't having it, grabbing his hand and intertwining their fingers together.

"Wow, didn't realize you were so bold, Tamm," Sasha commented, his voice slightly wavering with nervousness.

"Didn't realize you we're so fidgety and shy." she chuckled.

"Hey!" he sounded fake-offended, "I haven't done this in forever!" he shouted, waving their hands knitted together in front of Tammy.

They both laughed in unison, filling the small car with sounds of joy.

The car ride ended sooner than they thought it would, leading them to a blank grassy field, no trees for what looked like miles. Sasha threw the car into park practically jumping out of the driver's seat to grab stuff from the back.

"Where are we Sash?" Tammy asked looking around her as she saw the sun slowly sinking into the horizon practically blinding her, as she managed to make out hints of pink, purple, and orange in the sky. "Does anyone even live out here?"

"Nope, that's why I chose it!" he yelled back to her, pulling out an old, grubby, moss green blanket from his trunk, along with a small basket of food. "Now, come with me!" he motioned her to follow him. She did.

"Here, help me set the blanket down, then we can finally relax for once in this nutso case!" he smiled at her, Tammy smiled back.