Part 10 (A Detectives Trial)

(//Ayo before we get started just to let you know, there is a graphic killing scene in this chapter, but it is plot-relevant, so I'll mark where the scene starts and ends for my weak-stomached viewers.//)

A long trip to the nearby hospital and several calls to the rest of the office gave the outcome that both Sasha and Tammy had been attacked by the newest suspect in the case. Along with a quick call for a taxi at the early hours of the morning, they had a new lead, the shadowy and violent figure they had fought in the abandoned house.

"Ok so let me get this straight," Matt pinched his nose bridge, "You two went to a closed-off crime scene, in the middle of the night..." 

"Well it was for the investigation and I thought-" Sasha tried to explain.

"Ah ah ah, I'm not done." he interrupted "WITHOUT a police officer, and WITHOUT anybody knowing where you two were headed," he grumbled.

"Well, it's just that we wanted to get a closer look without the crime scene investigation team there." Tammy tried to reason with Matt

"Tammy, you're not even an officer, why did you tag along?"

"Moral support?" she sheepishly lied.

"Right." He sighed again, "While I thank you for the new lead and being firsthand witnesses, unfortunately, your sorry asses could end up in jail for trespassing if that place was officially closed off." 

Both Tammy and Sasha stared at each other in disbelief, what they were doing was borderline illegal and almost unspeakable to your everyday officer. Luckily for both of them and also unbeknownst to them, the site was not officially closed off due to a backup in paperwork.

"So we're off the hook?" Tammy smiled with hope.

"Yes, you're off the hook, but don't EVER, and I MEAN EVER do that again, you could've ended up on the killers victims list you, morons." he crammed the idea into their heads to further reinforce that they could've gotten themselves killed.

"Whatever, you two go somewhere else, I don't need you two following me around like lost puppies, I gotta meet up with Heidi at the train station," he told them, swinging hi scar keys on his index finger "Now scram."

Meanwhile, Wren and Hestia waited patiently, sifting through anything that might connect the dots in some parts of the case.

"It just doesn't make any sense Hessy, without Dad here, we have no way of knowing who any of these people are." she held up the picture of her Dad and her Mom's friend group from high school.

"Well, there is one way" Hestia implied, "But I don't think you're gonna like it."

"What is it, lay it on me!" she inquired.

"We can go through the death records in the archives at the coroner's office." 

"You were right, I don't like it," Wren stated bluntly. 

Leaning far back into her Dad's office chair covering her eyes with her hands, elbows in the air, letting out a rather loud and obnoxious groan she leaned back down.

"Fine let's go."

Tammy and Sasha went to return to the coroner's office, meeting up with Wren and Hestia completely by accident, the doors were left unlocked, but Heidi was nowhere to be found because she was meeting up with Matt at the local train station to discuss, business...