Chapter 3: Meeting cousin Kaito

After finishing up my breakfast, my mother and I headed out of the house to run some errands.

"Mom, what kind of errands are we running?" I asked.

"Well, first, we're heading to the grocery store to buy some more ingredients so I can make homemade ramen for lunch today," Mother replied. "Then we head to the park to play before heading home for lunch; Kaito, your cousin older by one year, will be there so you can play together."

I then saw an image of a five-year-old boy with short dirty blonde hair with bright green eyes smiling flash in my head.  I quietly sighed, wondering why I had all these memories. I can't really be from Naruto's world, right. Yet somehow, I have these memories.

"Cool, I enjoy spending time with Kaito," I said excitedly."Why doesn't he live in the clan compound as your sister does? Her house is a smaller one located behind our house, and then there are multiple other houses located behind our large home as well?" I asked curiously as we walked through the streets of Konoha to the store with my mom.

"Well, unlike my sister and I, he married out of the clan with his Yamanaka teammate and decided to get a house out of the clan compound," She replied. However, my twin brother and I are the only ones with kids. While our sister, four years younger, hasn't had one yet with her husband."

"I see one more question," I said as I noticed we reached the shop district.

"Alright, what is it, my princess?"

"Who is the current Hokage?"

"Not surprised you don't remember," Mom chuckled, ruffling my hair as we walked into the food market with the ingredients she needed."You fell asleep during the ceremony yesterday, but the new Hokage is Minato Namikaze."

'So then Minato just became the Hokage. It's a shame I couldn't be born in Kakashi's timeline to save Rin and Obito, but maybe I can prevent the Uchiha massacre and stop Orochimaru from leaving the village if I can. Somehow get in contact with him and convince him to change his ways.' I thought as I followed my mom through the food market as she shopped for the ingredients she needed.

~•~•~•

"Alright, where here," Mom said, "Hi, brother and Kaito," She greeted, walking over towards the bench.

"Tsubaki!" Kaito yelled, running over and hugging me.

"Hey, Kaito," I said, hugging him back.

"You two go ahead and play Daisuke and me have some catching up to do," Mom said, taking a seat on the bench next to a man with short brown hair with a slight hint of green at the ends and green eyes.

"Ok, come on, let's go play Kaito."

"Race you to the slide, Tsubaki-chan!" He shouted.

"Oh, you're so on!"

"Ready, set go!"

We both ran off towards the swing once Kaito shouted, go. I slowed down my running when I noticed a girl with brown hair in a ponytail and was wearing a grey shirt with black shorts swinging on the swing.

"Is there something wrong?" He asked.

"Nothing was just wondering who that girl on the swing is," I replied.

"Oh, that is Izumi Uchiha," He replied. "Her mother, the female Uchiha over there. While her father isn't don't know exactly what family he is from, but it's not the Uchiha clan," He nodded towards where a slightly pale skin woman with long raven hair was sitting overseeing her daughter.

'So that's Izumi Uchiha, the girl in love with Itachi. If we look about the same age, then I will probably be in the academy with Itachi's generation.'

"Does she always play by herself?"

"No, she usually plays with a white-haired female orphan, but she must not be here today."

"Well, do you want to go play with her?"

"I have nothing against her, but honestly, Uchiha and I don't mix," Kaito replied, annoyed, starting to continue his way towards the slide.

"What's that suppose to mean?" I asked, confused.

"I don't know," He started. "Well, I mean that it's just this ignorant Uchiha. I run into a lot, always thinking he is so cool just because he already started training for the Academy while my parents only been teaching me history and basics," He muttered, climbing up the ladder connected to the slide.

"So not all Uchiha are ignorant," I sated. "Besides, it's not like I have been taught much yet," I said, not recalling any memory of training.

"Really, as the Clan heir, shouldn't your parents be training you and preparing to lead?" He asked. "Then again, the clans are not strict like most clans are, but they aren't entirely laid back."

"I don't recall learning anything special, but my mind has been kind of foggy since waking up," I sated.

"Was it Kage messing with you again, making memory illusions," Kaito asked.

"Kage?"

"Never mind, don't worry about it. It was probably a dream that seemed realistic," he said, sliding down the slide.

I raised an eyebrow wonder why he said the name Kage as I started to go down the slide next.

"Princess, time to go!" Mom called out. "It's about to start making lunch."

"That goes for us as well, Kaito your mother probably already started cooking," Uncle Daisuke called out to Kaito.

"Alright, coming, father!" Kaito replied. "Oh and Tsubaki, don't worry about the foggiest too much it's probably just exhaustion. I was joking when I said someone named Kage did it," He chuckled.

"Okay, if you say so, Kaito," I shrugged. "Coming, mom!" I called back, running over towards my mother as Kaito did the same, running over towards his father.

However, I was still thinking about if Kaito was really joking when he said Kage was messing with my mind as I headed home with mom for lunch.

🌳🌳🌳

I hope you enjoyed the third chapter of Nature Princess. I hope you enjoy meeting another member of my made-up clan, which you will learn more about throughout the story. I will also try to make the chapters long.

Feel free to comment and let me know what you think of the story. Also, feel free to leave a vote and have a good rest of your day.

Here are my two questions for you today.

Q.T.D

1. Who do you think Kaito and Tsubaki's future rivals will be in the academy?

2. Do you think Kaito was actually joking about Kage, and if not, who do you believe Kage is?