chapter 1 part 2

"Well, Gloria, I don't really know, to be honest. It's only 8:30 a.m. so probably not too much is open right now. Ooh, I know! Starbucks. I'm in the mood for a coffee.  I haven't had it in a long time. And you won't have to pay for it, I promise," Lily said. She got the sudden idea as Gloria turned down the street and a Starbucks came into view.

Without saying anything, Gloria turned into the parking lot and drove up to the menu in the driver-thru. Lily, in her head, was thinking, yesss, it is so easy to convince Gloria to do something, especially since Jay gives Gloria all dat monayyy!

Gloria in her own mind was saying, what does she mean I don't have to pay for this. I'm the one treating her to a girl's dayyyyyy (whoot whoot.)

Then, as they were daydreaming, a voice asked them their orders. They both replied, "Do  people still say that?"
"What?"
"Nothing, sorry."
Then Gloria said the order, which happened to be Colombian coffee.

"Speaking of that, I know that order. And that voice. GLORIA!" The voice yelled.
"Yeah. Haley, since when do you work here?" Gloria asked. She immediately recognized the voice of Haley Dunphy, the oldest Dunphy child, and step-grand daughter of Gloria. (Even though no one ever called Gloria "Grandma," and Gloria preferred it that way.)
"Here, your coffee's about ready, talk to me at the window," Haley said, changing the subject.
Gloria pulled the car up fifteen feet and stopped at the window. Gloria picked up her purse from the backseat and searched for her debit card.