chapter 1 part 3

"So, Gloria, have you found your credit card?" Haley said, sticking her head out the window. Gloria was aggressively shoving her hand into her purse, which was full.
"Not yet. And also, it's a debit card, not a credit card," Gloria explained.
"What's the difference?" Haley asked.
"Well, one is-" Gloria started.
"Gloria, I don't need an answer. It was a rhetorical question. Anyway, your holding up the line, so I'll take your card and give you your coffee," Haley interrupted. She was starting to get subtly irritated, because it happened quite often that people want to chat with her.
"I can't find my card! Damn it! Joe must've taken it out of my purse to pretend to buy items around the house! I am going to talk to that child after this today because he's always starting so many problems!" Gloria said. She was yelling now and threw her purse into the back seat, letting items fall out onto the floor and the seat.
"Gloria, don't be so upset. I said I would pay for our coffees, I even promised. This should be enough money to pay for it all-"
"Lily, you know I'm the one treating you to everything today. You're not paying for anything. I'm making it a rule. You are NOT paying for anything today, this is 100% on me." Gloria grabbed the money Lily was holding out of her hand. 
"Gloria-" Lily yelled. 
Gloria grabbed a lighter from her pocket and held it up to the cash.
"NO GLORIA DON'T DO THAT! THATS ILLEGAL!" Haley and Lily both yelled in unison. 
By that point, the money was half destroyed. 
"Gloria, you know if the government caught you doing that you could be deported," Haley said. 
"It's not a bout that! That's my money and you destroyed it!"