001

❦︎

𝖳𝖧𝖤 𝖥𝖫𝖠𝖲𝖧𝖨𝖭𝖦 𝖫𝖨𝖦𝖧𝖳𝖲 from various cameras blinded Gia as she struck pose after pose, her hand hooked through the crook of her father's, a fake smile on his face as he waved at the bustling paparazzis.

A fake smile was plastered on Gia's face, a smile she practiced every morning in front of her mirror for the past twelve years. She was very good at it and people couldn't see past the smile and the way she had trained her eyes to be filled with joy and happiness since she had learned that the eyes were the gateways to emotions.

She and her father stood in front of a new gallery they had recently opened. The news had created a buzz on social media and before they had arrived, flocks of reporters had camped outside the building, all in large coats to protect them from the harsh snow.

Just like she had trained, Gia answered the reporters questions with ease and confidence oozing off her and tried her best not to show her annoyance with the way they shoved their mics into her face.

"Miss Gia," a stout reporter with a ridiculous moustache called out, drowning the voices of the other reporters. "Are the rumours circulating about your break up with Minister Allister's son, Mako, true? There had also been some talk about a sex tape between you two going on around Twitter. Do you have anything to say about that?"

Gia felt bile rise to her throat and her demons sprouting out from their slumber ready to have a wild party in her mind. Yes, she had broken up with Mako, that son of a bitch, he wasn't right for her and hit her most of the time. At first, she let it go but the beatings got worse and she couldn't take it anymore.

After announcing she was going to break up with him, Mako had threatened to release a sex tape of the two of them in an elevator. Gia thought she deleted the video, but she should have known that the bastard would have had it backed up somewhere.

Gia stared at the reporter who had a small smirk on his face, although it wasn't noticeable since his moustache covered his lips. She felt the angry and heated gaze of her father by the side of her head and thought her skull would melt with how hot his gaze was.

Still maintaining the fake smile, she leaned into the mic and said with as much confidence she could muster. "I'm not the first celebrity whose sex tape has gone wild on the internet," her voice shook slightly as the raging demons surfaced from the waters and screamed, drowning her thoughts. "I won't let something like that happen and my break up with Mako Allister is based on a personal matter." She bored eyes into the reporter who began to fidget. "Does that answer your question?"

The reporter visibly swallowed and nodded and the other reporters began to shove their mics, their voices making buzzing noises in Gia's ears.

Antonio Pablo, Gia's father, called for the bodyguards to escort them to their limousine, also announcing to the reporters that the opening party for the gallery would be held tomorrow, on Christmas.

Once the door was shut, a stinging slap landed across her face whipping her head to the side dangerously. Tears burned at the back of her eyes and she heard her demons laugh.

"You insolent trash," Antonio yelled. "How could you let something like this happen? Don't you know the amount of time and money I'm going to waste to get rid of that horrendous sex tape?"

Gia sucked in her breath, the pain across her face grew numb, she had learned to numb the pain. She turned to face her father, trying to steady her shaky voice.

"This isn't my fault," she muttered, failing to keep her voice steady.

Antonio grunted. "Then who is it? Mako? Why in the world did you even break up with him? Don't you know how many of our projects and future projects his fathers sponsored? And you went and threw that away just because of a personal matter? What nonsense."