Chapter 3

Mrs. Weasley was there to meet them at the bottom when they finally trooped down the staircase, a smile on her face. "Well, we'll be eating down in the kitchen." The twins Apparated behind her and made her jump in surprise, then instantly turn around to scold them. "Oh! Just because you're allowed to use magic now does not mean you have to whip your wands out for everything!"  she shouted after them as they fled into the kitchen. 

"Hi Mum," Ginny said easily, simply walking around her. Ron followed his sister, although he carefully moved past his mother as if he thought she might yell at him too. 

Mrs. Weasley took a breath before smiling at Harry and Evelynn. "You hungry, dears?"

Mr. Weasley had come out of the room where the meeting had been held and now stood next to his wife, his arm around her shoulders. "You sure you're all right, Harry?" he asked. "You gave us quite a turn."

"Harry and Evelynn Potter," a voice interrupted gently. 

The Weasleys moved out of the way, and both Harry and Evelynn grinned at their godfather. "Sirius!" 

Harry was the first to reach him, but Evelynn was right behind him, getting pulled into the same embrace. Something was comforting about how tightly Sirius was hugging them, so when he finally let go, she didn't move away completely. Instead she stayed tucked under her godfather's arm, a smile threatening to cross her face, while Sirius fondly ruffled her hair. 

"How are you this tall? I thought you were smaller."

"I've been the same height for a while now. Maybe it's just you."

"Impossible." Sirius' expression softened as he looked between Evelynn and Harry. "You're both so grown up now, you look so much like your parents. They would be proud of you."

Remus had been standing just behind Sirius, and he cleared his throat quietly. "Perhaps we should go eat now, hm?"

That turned into Mrs. Weasley's cue to shoo them all into the kitchen and usher them into empty seats. Evelynn ended up between Ginny and Kingsley Shacklebolt, which put her close enough to enjoy Tonks' antics of changing her appearance, much to Ginny's amusement, while also letting her overhear Harry's conversation with Mr. Weasley and Sirius. Evelynn wasn't exactly sure if she was meant to be able to hear them, but she felt that she had the right to worry about her twin with all the facts. 

"This is very, very peculiar," Arthur said. "It seems that your hearing at the Ministry is to be before the entire Wizenagamot."

Harry shook his head. "I don't understand. What has the Ministry of Magic got against me?" 

"Show him." Leaning against the wall in one corner, Moody looked every bit as intimidating as he had the first time Evelynn had ever seen him. "He'll find out soon enough." 

The atmosphere in the room had changed as quickly as flipping a switch. Tonks was no longer changing her appearance, Ginny was no longer laughing. Evelynn snuck a quick glance in Harry's direction, as did apparently everyone else at the table. She got the feeling this was more important than the rest of the conversation had been. She leaned forward, looking around Kingsley as he unfolded a copy of The Daily Prophet and passed it to Harry. 'The Boy Who Lies?' the front headline announced.

"He's been attacking Dumbledore as well," Sirius explained. The headline changed to 'Fudge: "All is Well"'. "Fudge is using all his power, including his influence at the Daily Prophet, to... smear anyone who claims the Dark Lord has returned."

"Why?" Evelynn asked, finally interjecting herself into the conversation.

Remus sighed. "The Minister thinks Dumbledore's after his job."