The Extinction of the Samurai

- Aaron -

"Wakey wakey! Rise and shine!"

An energetic voice filled my ears, stirring me from my sleep as my eyes opened wide. I stretched my arms out, letting out an exaggerated yawn as I looked to my right.

Jade was still sleeping peacefully at my side, her arms wrapped around my chest. As I looked closer, I saw a drop of sweat bead on her forehead, her lips closed tightly. I recognised something was wrong, placing the back of my hand on her forehead. Thankfully, it was nothing unusual though I could tell the noirette wasn't having the best of dreams.

"I said wakey-"

"We heard you Ariel." I spoke up quickly, cutting off the rose blonde before she let out those dreaded words again. "Give us a moment in here."

As I called out, I heard a childish giggle from the other side of the shutter door, Ariel leaving the two of us to go bother Death. I turned back to Jade, throwing my arm around her shoulder to pull her closer.

Just then, the samurai's eyes fluttered open, her warm smile returning to her face as she looked up into my eyes. I mirrored her smile, rubbing my hand over her arm.

"Looked like you were having one hell of a dream huh."

Jade sat up slowly, leaning against my shoulder as she let out a sigh. She turned to the half open shutter windows, seeing that the sun was slowly rising over the city walls.

"Yeah, you could say that." At that, she turned to me with a half smile before continuing, "We should get ready."

Before Jade could stand up, I held her by the hand, the noirette looking back to me expectantly. I knew something was up with her but it's not like I could ask her what she was dreaming about because I knew it was for her to deal with.

"Hey, hey, there's no rush. Let's enjoy the morning."

---

- Ariel -

---

As I left Aaron and Jade's door, I turned to the main room, seeing Death sat on a cushion. He was sat on the veranda, sipping a cup of tea as he drank in the morning sun.

I picked up a large cushion, taking my seat beside the cloaked reaper. Death's hood was down, his crimson red hair flowing under the gentle morning breeze.

"Hey there handsome. Beautiful morning huh?"

I opened up a soul mirror, pulling out a piping hot kettle and a tea cup, pouring myself a brew as Death turned to me with a smile.

"And a stunning view to go with it."

My cheeks flushed red as I looked away to hide my face. Death let out a low chuckle at my reaction, sipping his tea as he turned back to the view of the rising sun.

A few moments later, we decided to get ready for the day ahead as I threw the kettle and teacups into a soul mirror. I stood up, making my way to the room Death and I had shared the night before, pulling out an array of clothes as I weighed up my options for an outfit.