Resolution

- Ariel -

---

"As you can see, Aaron hasn't exactly lived a fair life." Aetherea's soft voice filled the living room.

All of us were sat around the large four cornered sofa, minus Aaron who had left an hour earlier. I looked around the room, seeing that everyone's faces showed different reactions to what they were hearing about the wine haired boy.

Jade's expression was calm and so was Death's. Now that I thought about it, the three of us didn't seem too surprised by what we were hearing. It felt like each of us had gone through our own trials and had to face our haunted pasts and now it was Aaron's turn.

The only major difference was that Aaron's goal had become our goal. That meant that this would impact more people than just him. In fact, all Nine Realms were sure to feel the effects of what we were planning to do.

"But he's just like the three of you. That's why you all met him at Rosewood Town all those months ago."

Now everything clicked into place. When I first heard this mysterious message two years ago, I felt a strange connection to what I was hearing. While the contents of what Aaron was trying to tell the world wasn't the main focus, the hidden message behind it was what brought the four of us together.

Picking a fight with Heaven itself was certainly something and I was surpised to hear that someone was crazy enough to even think about it. But behind that, there was something else that the three of us all felt when we had heard the message.

Originally, Aaron's message had been written in a language that only Incarnates could understand and it took some time for it to spread. But once translations began to surface, the mysterious message spread around the Nine Realms like wildfire. The idea of fighting against Heaven was absurd and this reignited the story of Heaven's Curse.

"S-So, Aaron's going to fight a hard battle, right?" A younger voice broke the silence, Raya speaking up, "T-Then he'll need our help, s-so we have to be there for him."

Her enthusiasm brightened the mood, a half smile spreading across my lips.

"That's right. Even if I've only just met the boy, he seems worth dying for." Circe leaned back as she spoke, her words showing that she was at least a little interested in Aaron.

"There are five of us here, seven including Aaron and Hurakan. Will this be enough to wage war against the Celestials?" Jade voiced a natural concern. Even with the seven of us, numbers were sure to be against us, even if we were strong fighters.

"H-Hey, you're not including me. It's eight with me."

Everyone turned to Raya with an eyebrow raised. It was already decided that Aetherea wouldn't join us in the fight for her own reasons and we couldn't force her too. But this was something new.

"I-I'm stronger than I was on Mount Zion. I-I've even come all of this way-"

"With my help." Circe quickly added to Raya's statement but that didn't seem like enough to hold her back.

"It's been two months since you last saw me and I've been training and fighting the whole time. You won't need to protect me."

I admired the young girl's confidence and even though we were only separated by three years, it still felt like there was a notable gap between us. In terms of power, Raya was definitely stronger than when we last met and I could feel her vibrant aura from the other side of the room as she spoke with confidence.