Chapter 1

#The shadow girl

The empire’s rainy season was long.

The rainy days continued for over ten days, and those who had been waiting for the sun walked and locked the door, giving up.

Rain poured down across the imperial palace, in streams, and slums.

A narrow alley where the eaves and eaves are connected, making it difficult to see light. Rumor has it that postal wagons do not come in and out of this place, and the police in charge of police in the capital are not interested in what is happening there.

A slum where ordinary people are reluctant to even step in.

A wagon stopped at the entrance to the louver area, which was so dark that it was difficult to distinguish between night and day.

It was a carriage that was not suitable for slums that had to live on one gil for a week, whether in form or as a breed of horses.

The attendant in a robe puts down the footrest and opens the door of the carriage. Then, the women’s shoes, made of silk-layered leather, stepped on the red velvet base.

“Let’s take the lead.”

An elegant, lowly voice. The man, standing in the dark, crouched, revealing his yellow teeth.

“This is this way.”

The woman stared at the man with ice-cold eyes and put on a robe. In the alley where garbage, the homeless, and the bodies of dead animals were left unattended, the smell vibrated despite the rain. The fingertips of the woman, who seemed to be like an ice cube, trembled invisibly at the presumptuous scene. I had to do that. Noble nobles didn’t fit in these underdeveloped areas.

“Madam, if you are having trouble, please wait in the carriage. I will handle it.”

“No, I am going directly.”

Anastasia Bale.

The woman was the wife of Marquis of Gilead Bale. Marquis of Veil extended his hands to the shipbuilding and iron mining businesses as he owned several textile and tobacco factories.

Now that the Hundred Years’ War ended, the Marquis of Bale was a respected family that had accumulated enough wealth to stand shoulder to shoulder with the Grand Duke of Hajar. The hostess of such a precious family is looking for such a slum.

As if a tense escort was protecting Anastasia, he revealed the sword on his back and followed him.

“I mean, I had a hard time finding him. Hehe… By the way, why are you looking for that little boy…”

The man who spoke to him without knowing the subject laughed at the expense of the nobles. But the answer was from the escort driver.

“Go straight on the road. I wouldn’t go round and round in the same place even if my life was a waste.”

A sword that was pulled out halfway while making a sound. The man who was ahead of the bloody threat groaned further.

“Rain, spinning around. A little while ago, it was a red-nosed bar, and this is Mrs. Mulburn’s oil shop. Even if the roads look similar, they are all different, so don’t worry.”

The Marquis’ wife gave a scintillating glance to the escort who was on guard. In any case, if the assistant has a different mind, he may lose the difficult opportunity.

The knight who put his sword in him followed him again in a polite manner.

This place was like a fortress. A huge fortress built by those who were abandoned in the world.