DOS

*

*

    "OH, NAMI-SWAN, YOU SHOULD'VE BEEN THERE!" sanji gushed, practically falling over himself as he recanted his day at the supermarket to a half asleep nami. he happily danced around the carpeted floor of her room as she pretended to pay attention to his ranting.

  she tiredly typed away at her computer, amber eyes laser focused onto her monitor to check for any errors in her assignment. "oh, really? what was she like?"

  her words threw the blonde into another long-winded rant and the redhead hummed in response, not wanting to upset the blonde but also not wanting to listen to him gush about another soon-to-be heartbreak.

  this continued for a while; nami prompted sanji to talk when needed and the blonde would send himself into a tizzy. a repetitive cycle that went on long into the day as the sun finally set and the moon began to peak from behind the clouds on the horizon.

  blinking tiredly, nami quickly finished her essay she had originally called sanji over to help with. of course, the blonde didn't do much to help and had decided that the new puppy crush he met at the supermarket last week was more important than nami's grades. she sighed good-naturedly as she knew that sanji didn't really mean to neglect her studies, he was just a hopeless romantic and would latch onto any sort of semblance of a romantic gesture. an extremely bad habit of his that she was determined to break one day.

  the blonde eventually went completely silent while she thought to herself, an odd thing, since the blonde tended to hang onto any word or action she did. worried for her dear friend, nami turned around in her seat once the soft shuffling of his feet against her carpet faded away, facing him with a knowing look.

  he sat there, on the edge of her plush bed, looking at the floor with a dopey grin and heavily flushed cheeks.

oh. he rarely did that when talking about people who caught his eye. this must be serious, then, nami thought to herself while slowly bringing a hand up to her face. she idly scratched at her chin as she did before an idea struck her.

   "sanji?"

  the cook brought his head up to look at her with complete adoration in his visible eye, "she was... amazing. i really hope i get to see her again, nami-san."

  with her interest now thoroughly piqued, nami leaned forwards in her swivel chair. her hands grasped each other tightly in her lap and her child care services essay was completely forgotten, "tell me everything."

  sanji's face lit up with excitement, immediately going into a passionate spiel.