SEIS

IT WAS OVER DINNER THAT ZORO HAD SUDDENLY ANNOUNCED IT

IT WAS OVER DINNER THAT ZORO HAD SUDDENLY ANNOUNCED IT. it had been a little over a week since the 'incident' you had dubbed it that had happened between your son and new friend. since then, you had seen less of sanji and just chalked it up to him being embarrassed about what had transpired. from the looks zoro gave you, though, it seemed more like your son had threatened him to stay away from you more.

an irritating thought. there was no reason for you to interfere, you had decided, since it was probably something that would blow over in another week or two. (your son was just jealous someone he knew was potentially flirting with his mom and showed it very obviously).

but now, the two of you were eating dinner in silence, content to enjoy the soft atmosphere that surrounded the table.

you had made oven roasted garlic lemon pepper chicken with sautéed green beans and buttery mashed potatoes for that night's dinner and zoro had shown extreme interest in the tablecloth instead of the food you had spent most of the day preparing. obviously, like any good mother would; you began worrying to yourself the entire meal.

after all, zoro would shower you with reluctant compliments; the very idea of straight out saying what he felt causing his entire face to go red at just the thought. tonight, he was quiet.

and it worried you.

you were actually about to bring up your concerns for your son when he had beaten you to the punch and spoke first.

"i'm bringing my friends over on saturday, ma," zoro had suddenly said, making you jolt mid bite. "they wanna meet you after the stupid blond ranted to them about you nonstop. i tried to convince them not to come over but knowing them, they'll probably follow me home instead."

you looked up at him and he stared back at you nervously. your expression was unreadable to him, putting him on edge. he could feel his throat grow drier the longer you stared at him without a word.

"oh, okay, why didn't you tell me sooner?" you jumped up with a bright grin on your face, absolutely delighted to hear zoro would finally be inviting his friends over to meet you. "oh, tell me what they're like!"

the young male simply grimaced and looked away from you, picking his fork up only to mess with the food still on his plate. "they're... interesting."

you raised an eyebrow at this. silently, you wondered what he meant.

"well, you already know how luffy is, ma," zoro shrugged. at this, you nodded in understanding. (though you couldn't really understand where he was going since luffy was an incredibly sweet boy. dense as a rock, but sweet.)

"yeah, but we've also known him since he was, like, four. your point is..?"

zoro opened his mouth to speak again only to close it after a moment of thinking. he pursed his lips at you, face turning serious. "think of luffy multiplied by seven."