~17

I walked down the stairs at nine o'clock, after finally managing to get Olivia into bed and make my mum eat her dinner. 

Matty was in the living room, he was going to crash on the sofa and leave early the next morning. 

I took a deep breath before walking into the room and shutting the door behind me. I placed my mum's empty plate on the coffee table in front of the sofa and I sat back and stared at the fire in the fire place in front of us, crackling wildly. Orange flames slowly flickering around each other. 

"I'll miss you, Juliet." Matty said under his breath. I shook my head. 

"No you won't." I said before leaning my head against his shoulder. 

He dragged his hand through the dried out ends of my hair, fanning it over my back softly. 

"I will." 

"Well then stop with the drugs." I replied bitterly, pulling away from him. 

"I... I can't." He mumbled. 

I shrugged my shoulders. 

"Well then," I exhaled. "I guess you're addicted." 

He was silent, he reached out and gripped my hand suddenly. I gave his a tight squeeze, just to let him know that really, deep down, I wanted to see him every single day.

He leaned down and pressed his lips against the top of my head. I shut my eyes and turned around slightly to look him in the eyes. 

"You know how you wanted to kiss me?" I asked. His eyes suddenly widened. 

"You've got a boyfriend..." He said, his gaze trailing down to my rough lips. 

"I know, but it's not like we're having sex. He'll never know anyway." This was all it took. 

Matty grabbed both sides of my face and crashed his lips against mine before I even had time to breathe, but suddenly it didn't even feel like I needed to. 

He opened his mouth slightly and I pushed my tongue inside and ran it against his quickly. 

The kiss was awkward and sloppy, but it was incredible. 

His hand travelled down my front until it rested between my thighs, but it went no further. 

I pulled back and brushed his hair out of his face and offered him a sad smile. 

"Was that satisfactory?" I asked. 

"More than." He kissed my forehead, making my insides feel like they had been put into a blender.