Part 5

"Hey, I've got it set up already!"

"Coming, coming!"

It's Friday night. Two weeks after the party, and your schedule has finally aligned with Taehyung's. You're standing in front of your mirror, nervously toying with the hem of your oversized t-shirt, under which you're wearing... nothing. Just a pair of panties, one of your nicer ones. You stare at your face, noting how your cheeks are suspiciously pink and you can't seem to stop fidgeting. Calm down, you think. Breathe.

This is Lina's genius plan, and you have to admit, it's the right amount of subtle for what you're trying to accomplish. Which is... You're not quite sure yet. But any sort of answer is better than this limbo you've fallen into. You can't believe you've endured fourteen long days of this persistent weirdness, this schoolgirl crush. So, you steel your nerves and slip your game face on.

When Taehyung hears your door open, he shouts, "what took you so long? Scared I'm going to beat you?" Hearing your footsteps, he turns towards you with a controller in hand, huge shit-eating grin on his face. It's then he catches the flash of your legs, exposing more skin than you've ever done before when your shirt slightly flutters up from the movement. He freezes, an error code personified as his lips falter. He tries to form words but can't quite find them, so he just swivels his head back to the TV. Evidently, the Smash Bros menu has become the most fascinating thing in the world. "I bought chips," he mumbles.

There's a certain satisfaction to the way his eyes bug out. "Thanks." You pluck the second controller from his hands, strolling to the other side of the couch before you settle down half-horizontally. You tuck your legs in to the side, in a position that isn't as comfortable as it is alluring. But unfortunately for you, it seems like the shock of surprise has worn off, as Taehyung starts to choose his character instead of reacting.

"Hey, are you trying to go easy on me?" You challenge as you watch him pick Kirby.

"I only need one pink fluff ball to kick your butt."

You sneer at him. "You have no idea what my butt is capable of." You lock in Villager. "I'm about to drop all the trees on you, just you watch." The spark of competition has burst into a full-fledged fire. "I've beat Jungkook before, and you're not as good as him." Taehyung responds by sticking his tongue out.

As the match starts, as he starts off by flying away with puffy-cheeks (a look which he mimics in real life, of course) you forget that this is all supposed to be a test or something ridiculous like that because it's been so long since you've felt this comfortable with him. He bursts into laughter, full-bellied, teeth-bared laughter, at your attempts to plant and water the sprout he keeps knocking you away from; your heart sings from having missed the sound.

The matches go on, your legs shifting as you press furiously on the buttons, too consumed with winning to remember that you're not wearing any pants right now. But Taehyung doesn't forget. If you had been paying attention, perhaps you wouldn't have missed how his gaze keeps flickering your way, how he tries his best to focus but his throat is dry with a thirst that the water in his cup can't seem to quench.

All you know is that he drops his guard and you finally knock him off the platform. "Yesss! I win!" You pump your fists into the air, letting the controller fall to your lap. When it smacks against bare skin, you realize just how much the top has ridden up. Instantly, you try to gauge Taehyung's reaction but he's playing it cool, grabbing a fistful of chips before stuffing them into his mouth.

Figures.

And to add insult to injury, his open-mouthed crunching of the snack is adorably attractive. Even when he's getting crumbs everywhere.

"Okay, me, five wins, you, one." He grins. "Ready to get back to your losing streak?"

You readjust your grip on your controller. "Hell no."

It's a few hours and several different games later that you finally surrender, like usual. Taehyung reacts accordingly, with noisy whoops and the glee of not having to do dishes for the next few days. You roll your eyes, but you don't actually mind washing them, and, well, it's worth it to see the pure glee it brings to Taehyung when he wins. You say your goodnights, and it isn't long before you're all tucked into bed with only the glow of your phone keeping you company.

[11:47pm] you: it didnt work. he got shocked but got over it in like 5 secs
[11:48pm] leens: damn. rly? worked for me, lol. ok onto plan b then
[11:48pm] you: do i have to... seems like a dead end
[11:49pm] leens: u still want his dick?

You pause.

[11:49pm] leens: thought so. u know im right.

You do know, as much as you hate to admit it. Heaving a sigh, you send her a sticker before rolling over to plug your phone in for the night. You can worry about schemes tomorrow. For now, you indulge in the blissful ignorance of sleep.