Chapter 13

It's Friday, 2pm, Reece's birthday and the day of his party. "Chris c'mon I need to shower!" I knock furiously on the door. He's been in there a full 10 minutes. He turns off the shower and walks out. "Finally!" I walk into the bathroom, take of all my clothes and get under the shower. I gently massage shampoo into my hair and wash it out, before putting condition into the ends of my hair and rinse it out. I wrap a towel around my body and one around my hair.

I walk into the bedroom and start drying my hair with the hair dryer. I dry myself off and get changed into shorts and a vest top. "I'm going to hang out with Reece for a while Chris" I say before walking out of the room and into Reece's room. "Happy Birthday Reece" I walk over and hug him tightly. He hugs me back and we pull away after a few seconds. "Thanks Isabel" "So I kinda only found out like 3 days ago it was your birthday and I didn't get you anything" I smile at him innocently. "Whattttttt?" He says before we both start laughing.

We hang out in his room for a while watching TV. I check my phone and see it's 6 o'clock. "Shit. Reece I better go and start getting ready for the party. I'll see you later" I jump up off the couch and run out of his room and into Chris's room. "Woah Isabel, what's the rush?!" Chris laughs. "It's 6 and the party starts at like 8" I grab my make up before going into the en suite to do my make up.

I put on foundation and some concealer under my eyes, before putting on powder to set it. I start on my eyes, doing some winged eyeliner with liquid eyeliner. I do smokey eyes, and do a light dusting of silver over it with a brush. I put some nude pink lipstick on my lips, and some clear lipstick over it to give it a gloss. I start doing my hair, curling it with a curling wand. I bring all the curls over my left shoulder and pin it in place, before putting hairspray on it to keep it in place. I walk into the bedroom, and Chris is no where to be seen. I get changed out of my vest and shorts, and put on a strapless bra before putting on my dress.

"You look stunning Isabel!" I turn around to see Reece standing at the door. He's wearing black skinny jeans, white crosshatch jacket and his white shirt with the red checkered collar. He has his hair down, and he's looking hot asf. "Your not too bad yourself Reece" I turn around and try pull up the zip at the back of my dress. Reece walks over and zips it up for me. "I was still hoping we could go to the party as friends Isabel?" Reece smiles in the mirror at me. "Yeah sure" I turn around and kiss him on the cheek. I walk over to the wardrobe to get my silver strappy high heels and put them on.

Suddenly music starts blaring out. "Ready to go down Isabel?" "Yep" we both go out of the room and down the stairs. All downstairs is crowded with people already, and it's only half 8.

We go into the crammed kitchen and grab a cup of drink from the crowded table. A few people come up to Reece and talk to him for a while. We eventually get out of the kitchen and go outside. "Sorry about that Isabel" we walk down the side of the house, down to the pool. There's a lot of people in and around the pool.

I spot Charlie, James and Jake and the walk over to us. Charlie is staring coldly at Reece, and Reece puts his arm around me and pulls me closer. "Happy birthday Reece" James and Jake say. "Thanks guys" James and Jake walk over to a group of people, leaving me, Charlie and Reece alone. "Slutting around again Isabel?" Charlie sneers at me. "Leave her alone Charlie" Reece says coldly to him. "Reece please..." I try bring him away but he stays rooted to the spot. "Or what Reece?" Charlie pushes him. Reece dumps his drink over him and pushes him into the pool. "Leave her alone Charlie" Charlie looks at him in shock.

We walk back into the house through the back door. "You ok Isabel?" "Yeah, thanks Reece" Reece kisses my cheek and takes his hand away from my waist. "You look absolutely stunning Isabel" I laugh. "You already said that" I finish my drink and put it down. We stay downstairs for a while, before Jake and Casey drag us upstairs to play a few games.

"You guys up for a game?" Jake grins cheekily at me. "Yeah, sure" I say. We go into a bedroom, there's people sitting in a circle and a glass bottle in the middle. Reece and I sit beside one another. The only people I recognise are Barclay, Jake and Casey. "Hey birthday boy, you up to go first?" Barclay asks him. "Yeah, what we playing?" Reece asks back. "7 minutes in heaven" Barclay smirks before Reece spins the bottle. The bottle slows down, it stops and points at me. "So it's Isabel and the birthday boy. Follow me" Jake grins cheekily at us before leaving the room. Reece and I stand up and follow Jake. We all go into one of the rooms, and up to a walk in wardrobe. "Your gonna be locked in so don't try to come out!" Jake pushes us in, closes the doors and I can hear the click of a padlock. "Don't loose the keys Jake!" Reece shouts.

I stand against a wall and Reece comes over to me. "Look, Isabel, I don't want to make things awkward..." He looks down to the floor and rubs his neck. "Then don't" I pull him closer to me and he smashes his lips onto mine. I start to get butterflies flying around in my stomach as our tongues dance around each other.

Reece lays his hands on my waist, my hands make their way up to his hair and I tug lightly at it. He moans softly. Our mouths move in sync, as fireworks start exploding in my stomach. We kiss for a few minutes and Reece pulls away and looks into my eyes.

"Look, Isabel, I want you back, I need you back. I've being going mad without you, and I couldn't stand seeing you with Charlie. Will you be my girlfriend?" He smiles. I pull him back closer to me and I put my lips on his. It's short, but passionate. "I take it as a yes so?" Reece smiles and raises his eyebrow. I chuckle and smile. "It's a yes" Reece grins at me.

"So yeah guys I kinda lost the keys for the lock on this" we hear Jake shout to us. "So we're stuck in here then?!" Reece asks. "Looks like it, sorry!" Jake replies. "Just find them Jake!" Reece shouts to him. "I'll try!" Jake replies before I hear the click of a door closing.

"Looks like we're in here for the night" Reece walks over to a group of shelves and starts scanning through them. "Here, you can wear this, it's mine" Reece throws me back a Green campus hoodie and continues to look through the shelves. "Thanks" I can hear the music blaring from downstairs. It must be nearly 11.

I start tugging at the zip on my dress. "Here, let me do that" Reece walks behind me and pulls down my zip. "Thanks Reece" he finds some blankets and pillows while I get changed into his hoodie. It's 2 sizes too big and long, but it's super cosy. I turn around and see Reece holding 2 large packets of bacon fries and a bottle of coke. "Jake always has a secret stash of food everywhere" he grins at me and I laugh.
-
"Then some idiot threw a glass of water at me for no reason!" We both start laughing. Reece and I were cuddled up to each other, our backs against the wall, the duvet over our legs and we were sharing bacon fries and coke. The party was still going on downstairs, music was blaring and I couldn't fall asleep. Reece's arm was around me, my head on his chest. I'd rather be here than any party.

"You ok Isabel? You haven't been saying much" I lift my head up off his chest to face him. "Yeah, I'm just tired" I smile at him weakly and he kisses my forehead. He gets up and turns off the light before getting back under the duvet. We both snuggle down into each other, Reece's arms around me. "Night babe" I hear Reece say. "Night" I reply, before falling asleep in his arms.

So Reece and Isabel are back together! Think some of you are going to be happy 🙈