2. The Mob boss is an actual heart throb

"Angry people are not always wise."— Jane Austen

The only reasonable resolution i could deem was discussing such an implacable circumstance to the CFO, who also happens to be my cousin brother.

Sensing that something was wrong while we spoke on the call, made his way as quickly as possible over to my cottage in Potsdam.

White walls and wooden tiles decorated my accommodation. Sophisticated kitchen built off to one side of the hallway, A small bedroom up above a spiral staircase with comfortable looking bed and an adjacently placed desk with a blank blotter.

Near the desk, a French window held the view of the night sky and away from a visible distance situated a small lake, beautifully glittering under the moonlight.

To hear any commotion around was near to impossible. Although, there were several other cottages nearby, it was dead silent in our residential neighbourhood.

"What is it?" Jacob's calm voice that firmly suggested agitation spoke, he had just entered the house.

I explained the disturbing sequence of events that took place over the evening in thorough details.

Gradually grasping the situation, he asked rather confused, "why didn't he target the pharmaceutical industry belonging to you if his only aim is to get an awful amount of money."

"I have been thinking then his shrewd strategy made sense to me. If it were only about money, he could have had the companies with little efforts, claiming to be much more beneficial than mere brokerage. However, Dante kept emphasizing the shame brought upon his family. Owing to that particular purpose, the hospital justifies to be a perfect target, knowing better about its sacramental importance to me. He makes a perfect assumption that the best chance I have to compensate for the lost percentage is by using the industrial funds ..,"

"gradually, a serious plummeting figures in both the sectors. Hence, an ultimate shutdown of the krüger companies," my brother voiced what I was intending at.

A languid air settled in between us.

"There's no use in worrying, I'll figure something out,"i spoke in assurance.

"Do we inform the staffs about this?" enquiring eyes scrutinized me with uncertainty.

"Don't disclose important details momentarily however, let them know that the company is undergoing a crisis, indicating partial reduction in the wages and for those who don't wish to support us, find new recruits as replacement. I'll leave financial aspects to you. I hope that's clear," an authoritative disposition took control over me.

He nods in approval, a glint of determination evident in his eyes.

"If anything else comes up, I will let you know by tomorrow morning."

"Understood."

I smile at him warmly despite the ineluctable apprehension heaved on my chest.

A while after Jacob's departure, I climbed wooden stairs in the hall, advancing towards the bedroom, where my little girl hugged me warmly.

"Are you ok, mama?" the five year old asked.

"Yes, baby. How was your day? Tell me everything about it! Have you been troubling Mrs. Maudie lately?" I carried her to the bed.