1.2 | Bubble Baths & Vanilla Sex.

[Zayn]

The night was still young but it was already quite dark outside. The sky seemed like an ocean in a beautiful shade of dark blue as the stars reflected on the front window. My fingertips tapped on the leather wheel accompanying the blues coming out of the radio as the sound of it reminded me of my past.

It was warm and quiet inside of the car as I checked on the beautiful lady, sitting on the passenger seat next to me, time to time. Her blonde locks went down her bare shoulders like silk. Her body was comfortably leaned against the backrest with the skirt of her dress puckered to her mid-thighs. She didn't look bothered by it, honestly, she didn't even seem aware of it.

Her eyes wandered outside as the street lights illuminated above her pale skin. Her sweet perfume was still in the air, making me intoxicated by it. And I already knew it was going to last for a few days. 

And even though the atmosphere wasn't awkward or depressing, my stomach kept getting tighter and tighter. I wasn't quite sure what was making me so uncomfortable. It wasn't her sweet and strong perfume that I actually enjoyed. And it surely wasn't her.

The problem was me and about me. I was getting nauseous by the fact such a talkative and flirty person got quiet after we got out of the public. I couldn't help myself but wonder if I did something wrong. She didn't look concerned or anxious but her calmness was making me apprehensive. And because of her quietness, I couldn't dare start a small talk to relieve some of my distress.

I was fighting back the urge to start a conversation but the drive to my place was long and we weren't still there. I was worried she could get bored of the long road and the lack of communication. And even though I was basically paying her to come with me I couldn't just ignore my human senses, telling me I'm making her uncomfortable which automatically makes me nauseous.

With the last tap on the wheel I removed my hand off it soo I can run my fingers over the back of my neck in a nervous manner. ''It will probably sound incredibly rude,'' my voice was low and raspy because of the long communication pause. ''I'm taking you home, and I don't even know your name,''

A small chuckle escaped her lips as she shook her head. ''You can call me whatever you like, I won't mind,'' she was being so calm it was making me nervous. ''It's Maeve though,''

Maeve.

I couldn't help but look at her. Maybe it was the urge to see if the name suited her or maybe it was just an excuse. ''Maeve, pretty name,'' I mumbled looking back at the road a small smile still hanging on my lips.

Her voice was low and raspy and making her say her own name sounded much better than me saying it. Honestly, I wanted her to talk about whatever was on her mind, or her soul. But even though I wanted to listen to the sound of her voice, I didn't want to make her talk. There was a fine line between enjoying communicating with someone and having to talk because they're making you uncomfortable.

And believe me, when someone is making you uncomfortable you should never shut down. Because they would probably go so far that they'll harass you. So it's better to not give them the word rather than get suffocated by their foul words. But who am I to tell you what's best for you, when I can't even do it myself.

I cleared my throat, looking at the rearview mirror for a split second. ''Does it have a meaning?'' the question was absurd but it was my pathetic try to keep up a conversation without asking her on personal topics.

Her brows furrowed in concentration as the red traffic lights illuminated her eyes. ''Um, I don't think it has a meaning. Well, everything has a meaning but...'' her voice lacked that confidence she had just minutes ago. As if she didn't like the question. It was stupid, but it wasn't that bad of a try to start a small talk, yeah?