1.6 | Don't You Feel Special Yet.

song - i dont mind by the king himself

[Zayn]

I called Maeve a few times, but she never answered, so I sat in my car. The neon red lights of the sex bar were illuminating the front glass of my car. A few females, stripped to their underwear, came out of the building to find a man to draw towards it, but none of them were Maeve.

Seven missed calls and I was done with her shit.

I didn't even know why I came after learning she would perform here. These kinds of places were not for men like me. I was risking a front page on a yellow press for her, and she wasn't even picking her phone up. Even my clothes weren't proper for a place like this! Whoever got in was dressed casually and I didn't even think of changing my suit before coming here. I was making it too obvious; I was standing out, which wasn't good. The whole weight of my name was about to disappear if some deepshit took a photo and posted it anywhere.

Taking off my sunglasses, I opened the door, finally leaving my safe space. Maybe I should've left them to disguise myself but from all the years of experience, that did not work a single time. What worked was weed, and I cut that shit a long time ago. When you were high, nothing you did looked slightly suspicious or out of place.

''Would you like a dance, baby?'' a female, in nothing but gloves, came my way, her hand stroking mine over the blazer sleeve.

It took me a few seconds to realize what she actually meant by a dance as my lips parted, and I looked up at her face from her breasts insight. Speechless was one word to describe my state of mind. As a man, I appreciated beautiful women like her, and I am not saying that just because of her delicate flesh on view or her perky boobs, and-- Maybe I was saying that because of it. But my eyes searched for my mistress, my temptress, my Maeve.

And every face my eyes landed on was not hers. The brown hot chocolate-colored eyes, the angelic smile with a hint of sin in the deep of her dimples, the pink tongue with aphrodisiac left on its tip - none of them had I seen yet. And every dancing body around me cut a little of my breath in my search. But I didn't run. I knew it was all going to be worth it by the time I got to my prize - Maeve.

Her figure flickered before my eyes as I could swear I heard her chuckle echoing in my head. She had caught my gaze, making everyone else disappear. One blink and I had lost her in the sea of sweaty bodies and cigarette smoke. But a few ladies swiftly had replaced her, making me shake my head at every one of them, some didn't even get a response before I was gone. Back to looking for my sweetheart.

I tried to be nice but felt out of place, which sabotaged me. The loft music wasn't even ear-piercing but it deafened my silence. I looked like an idiot and feel like the biggest one in a foolish suit, looking lost. Everyone was enjoying their time here, everyone but me. I didn't mind waiting if it meant we'd finally meet but she didn't even answer my phone calls.

''What can I get you, man?'' the bartender asked, drying a glass with a towel.

The menu behind him consisted of cheap and dreadful alcohol.

''A Cosmo,'' I spoke with a dry mouth, tapping on the counter as my eyes went back to the crown of cheering people.

With furrowed brows, I tried to figure out what they were watching but it was almost a blindspot from my place. The bartender, who looked almost too young to work at a place like this, spoke again: ''For which chick?''

His question brought me back to look at him, as I tried to reason him for the words. But instead of causing a scene, I slipped the money through the counter before getting my drink and walking away. Curiosity killed the cat and I anticipated a difference as I got closer to the crowd, moving between the hot bodies just to reveal a heart-shattering view before my eyes.