9

"Great news, we do not have a class today. Our teacher for the public administration is on leave", Tanya beamed with joy, as the message popped on the screen. Sana was still not a part of the group, because she wasn't aware about it and whatever news she needed, Tanya was the source.

"How do you get to know that?", Sana queried, inquisitive about her source. Tanya was more outgoing and talkative. Making friends or starting a conversation was never a problem for her. Atleast, that was what her week monitoring informed her. Unlike her, she was that most liked in group, the centre of attention always. Not with stunts but her words pulled people to her. Only, when with her, the group wouldn't be around. Probably, she understood her nature. Bad or good, not known.

"Are class group hai na, toh the class representative gets its from the teacher and then it is passed on, through the group." she informed. "Are you not a part of it?", she quizzed further. The lost look adorning her features, made her ask.

"No", she soflty shook her head. Her eyes back on the tea cup. She was unaware and it made her irresponsible, and with that attitude the self doubt was apparent.

"Okay, I will ask the admin to add you",

"Thankyou"

"I think that thankyou is your favorite word. Thankyou bolna chahiye, par tu har baat par bolti hai, like if I even stand with you, you will probably thank me for that too. Life mein thoda chill kar. Itna serious nahi hona hota hai", Tanya counseled the already low Sana. Missing a class was not setting well with her, her face was crestfallen since then. Hearing Tanya she wondered for a moment, if she was really that serious in life. But being serious will give a way to your goal, she reasoned.

"Aisa nahi hai, but you did something for me, so I said a thankyou" Sana crossed her, wanting to put her words to reason to her thanking her.

"But I didn't do that, because I am dying to hear a thankyou, but because you are my friend, and I will anyways help my friend.", Tanya illuminated her again.

"So what do we do now?", the class being dismissed, made Tanya find an alternative to the time she had in hand. Being in college was definitely not an option for her.

"Library chalein?", Sana asked, the same thing Tanya was trying to avoid. Library was already striked out.

"Sana, meri jaan dunia mein college or library ke alwa bhi kaafi jagah hoti hein. Acha, let me take you to a wonderful place, come".

"But where?", she resisted, the pull from Tanya. They met a week prior and there wasn't much of the closeness in their friendship to trust her blindly. Not yet. And also her mother had already made her aware about, not stepping out much, if you don't know the place. All she was told to remember was her route from the college to her room, and back.

"Are come na baba, it's a nice place. Main teko pakka kidnap nahi krungi nor am I going to leave you somewhere with some goons. Come", Tanya defended her stance.

"But that place would be having a name no", Sana countered.

"Please come, I swear you will love it. It's amazing. Like really beautiful, and is close to our college too, come na", Tanya pestered, and her efforts bore fruit when she finally got a nod from her new friend.

"Okay but we won't be there, wherever you are taking me, for long", her condition to her agreeing and Tanya nodded happily. She was beaming and grinning with the thought of going somewhere other than college. College time was allotted to her, by her mother to be out. The deadline was 5 in the evening, for her.

"But you are sure right that we can leave. There won't be any problem", though Sana agreed she was still in specticism. Her steps were still faltering with that decision. It would be the first for her, going out, to a place, other than a college, that to without her mother's knowledge. She was scared, very much. Just the thought made her feel guilty, with the thought probably betraying her parents belief and the faith they have put in her. The family, she has been in always, has held her back from a complete exposure. Indeed she was let to study, but it came with a listicle of norms and rules. The bondages still chaining her feets. Though she was let free, but not in the truest form. The decision of her life was still not in her control, and she has decided to abide by what her parents asked or directed her to. Not that, parents decision is wrong, or that suffocates a child, but as they grow up, certain things should be left in their hands, for them to decide, for them to develop their decision making skills, to build up a confidence in themselves. She wasn't allowed to chose her college for masters. Her father did that.