35

"It backfired" he mumbled seeing her bubbling with anger. He didn't regret the message, but he could have done something else rather than meddling with the care she has for him. She quickly turned around and walked to leave, but after a step, she was pulled back and held into his warmth. Seeing her leaving he acted fast because he couldn't let her go without clearing the mess and it needed communication and them to sit and actually talk about. It was already two weeks that they were not on talking terms. He tried to, but she didn't want to. How every morning she would try all means to escape his eyes was well noticed by him. Knowing it was her exam week he didn't trouble her and give her more stress than she already and stayed at the backfoot. But now neither were there any exams nor could he take that distance anymore.

"Sidharth Ji, please leave me" she struggled to come out of his hold, in response to which he tightened the hold. Her arms hung loose in the air, while his were wrapped around the small frame. One hand rested in the middle of the shoulder blades while the other was on her waist. She could feel the heat of his palms seep through over her clothes and heat her body too. The touch was innocent she knew it and invigorating for her, and the very first of a kind touch from someone as he. Her body pressed against his with his tight hold, and with the height, she could only reach up till his neck. The moment was just turning intense and so was the situation.

"I am sorry I am sorry I am sorry......maine pareshaan karne ke liye nahi kiya sachhiii" he explained, reiterating the sorry and holding her tight as she continued to wriggle.

"Leave me. Mujhe nahi baat karni hai"

"Baat toh Karni padegi, it been 15 days, and I miss you" the heart flipped like a coin, never to stop. The charm and allure his words hold always managed to create a spell on her, and it did now too as she stood still not struggling against the hold anymore and her will. It would be a lie to say she didn't wish to be there in his arms, but only the circumstances were incongruous.
The hands still hung loose in the air.

"Sidharth ji" she began, he cut her off.

"Just Sidharth, please." she hummed, giving in and resting her head against his chest closer to the neck. He exhaled deeply, as she leaned on him and smiled broadly. In his embrace, the world stopped still on its axis. There was no time, no wind, no rain. Sana's mind was at peace. There was something so warm, something that felt right, smelt right. She let her body sag, her muscles become loose. He gave her the respect of an equal but cradled her like a cherished child. In that embrace, she felt her worries lose their keen sting and felt him brush her hair back with his fingers. His hug was weaving their souls in a way that is a forever bond.

"I am sorry too", she mumbled cocooned in his hold, feeling home. There was no discomfort or unfamiliarity.

"Kyun?" he frowned.

"For reacting like that, that day, par mujhe bura laga toh main kya karun", she complained, letting him know why was there such an outburst that pushed them away from each other and suffer. Thinking and contemplating her move for a few seconds she too raised her hand and wrapped it around his torso, not letting him even decide the reaction to it. He lifted his head that was resting on hers and tried looking at her face, but she hid more in him snuggling closer and closer. He chuckled at her and decided not to tease her more.

15 days!!

They both felt like they were thrown into infernos, and let to burn and suffer the burns more by seeing the other pain. The only resolve to the torment lie in the hands of the other where one was obstinate while the other was helpless. He waited to see her on the balcony, every night. She sneaked out his glimpse sitting in her balcony and wished every time to talk to him, but was hurt and was trying to detach herself from him, which seemed impossible. He was becoming the treasured one in her life, the one without life was possible but wouldn't mean much. Heavy words, but they were what she felt and she never deterred from admitting them to herself. While being away he felt the despair every moment but in that every moment he realized how close he was to her, and how important she has become to him, in the smallest time. Just two months and some days and he didn't like a single day that didn't include her smile, her giggles, her blabber, her incoherent self-talks, and her. Like she was reweaving the fragment of his soul with her in it, fabricating him whole as her.