𝐜 𝐡 𝐚 𝐩 𝐭 𝐞 𝐫 𝟔

Spencer had no clue what the hell was wrong with him. Every time he so much as looked at Nova through the two-way mirror, his face blushed a dusty pink and he stuttered over his words.

He had an IQ of over 180. Why was he such an idiot?

Of course, she was gorgeous, but Spencer was never one to pay too much attention to that.

"You alright, Reid?" Derek said, eyeing him up with a tiny smirk on his face. Spencer jumped and turned to him before nodding.

"Yeah, yeah everything's fine. Who's going to go in first?" He said, trying to steer the subject away from him. Derek shrugged and replied "No clue. I think Hotch is going to go in there, try to break her walls a bit."

Both of them turned back to the two-way mirror and looked towards Nova. She didn't look panicked. She looked calm. She looked like she had known this was going to happen, and that put the team on edge. Her gaze stayed glued to the floor in front of the table she was sitting, unmoving.

She sat in the chair in the middle of the room lazily, her legs crossed and her arms resting on the table. Her hands were still in handcuffs but it didn't look like she cared. She didn't show an ounce of emotion on her face. Not anxiety, or excitement, not even tiredness.

Nova looked entirely impassive, and Spencer wasn't sure what to think of that. Both of the boys looked away from the glass when Hotch came up behind them as well as Emily and JJ.

"I'm going to go in alone, see how she responds to good cop. If she doesn't respond, Hotch will come in." Emily spoke looking up from Nova's file.

"Good luck," JJ muttered, watching Emily enter the room with worry. The team stood by the mirror and watched Nova as soon as Emily entered the room. Derek was tense, trying to make sure Nova wouldn't make a move toward Emily. JJ was just worried about Emily around her, and Hotch was watching them like a hawk, searching for any tells that Nova might give off.

Nova wanted to scream. She wanted to rip her hair out and cry and sob but she couldn't. She knew that would either make her seem very guilty or clinically insane. She didn't want either of those things. So when a pretty black-haired agent walked through the door she pushed her feelings away and plastered a friendly smile on her face.

"Hello there." She said, smiling at Emily. If Nova wasn't fearing for her future right now, she would definitely be trying to get into Emily's pants. Definitely.

From outside the room, brows furrowed. Hotch waited for a beat before speaking to JJ. "Have Garcia contact people from Richmond. Community centers, homeless shelters, we need to see if she's involved in Richmond's community." He said, having a hunch about the type of person Nova was.

JJ nodded before pulling out her phone and dialing Penelope, walking away from the team as she chatted away over the phone. They were all on edge since they knew that their arresting Nova was planned. She had been expecting them, which means she had thought about this situation beforehand. They needed to assess her about what happened with Theodore and determine what kind of unsub she was before giving her over to the police.

"Ms. Yīkào," Emily responded with a neutral face and a respectful nod. Nova snorted at her formality. "Please, call me Nova. Ms. Yīkào makes me feel all old and gross. I'm only called that by Bobbie. Speaking of that, am I allowed to call anyone before you lock me up?" She said, itching to talk to Bobbie and Sam. She missed her family.

Spencer furrowed his brows at Nova. He was used to knowing anything, and Nova Emryn Yīkào confused him. He didn't know if she was only pretending to be a normal, family-oriented girl, or if she really was. He could tell he had been put through traumatic situations. That's how she was pretending to not be afraid right now.