𝐜 𝐡 𝐚 𝐩 𝐭 𝐞 𝐫 𝟏 𝟓

Spencer had been chewing the inside of his lip for 27 minutes and 43 seconds.; Nova had been twiddling her thumbs right next to him. Both are completely silent. "Do you think we should go in now?" Spencer asked quietly, turning to look at Nova.

Her brows creased and she looked toward Spencer. He looked nervous, even if she wasn't a profiler, it was obvious. She was nervous, god she was scared but they had to tell him. They knew Hotch was serious about the job but they also knew that he was a good person and a great friend.

Nova snapped out of it despite her anxiety and clutched Spencer's warm hand. She loved holding his hands. They were much bigger than hers, and they were warm. "Yeah," she replied with an easy smile. She didn't want Spencer to panic more than he already was.

She gently let his hand fall and stood up with Spencer to knock on Hotch's door. "Come in." they heard his distinct monotone voice from the other side of the door.

Immediately, Spencer turned around and made a step to walk away. Nova smirked slightly as she grabbed the sleeve of his sweater and turned him back around, opening the door and half-shoving him through it.

Hotch was staring at both of them with an eyebrow raised. He knew they were there to talk about their relationship. He may have been older, but he wasn't dumb. He noticed the way that Spencer constantly stared at her, and Nova always let him. He noticed that whenever she would get a coffee, she would bring him some too. He noticed that Spencer always remembered to bring an extra sweater for Nova on the jet because he knew she got cold easily. Everyone could see that they loved each other long before they did.

Nova looked to Spencer, thinking he would start. He was frozen mid-air. She assumed it was his fight or flight instinct but this wasn't really the most normal one she's ever seen. Punch and run away, sure. Just run away? Fine. Stop moving or blinking like you're a fucking statue? Odd.

"We wanted to talk to you about our relationship," Nova said blatantly, snickering as Spencer turned bright red. Hotch blinked at her, waiting for her to continue. "We know workplace relationships aren't exactly encouraged anywhere, let alone the FBI. We just wanted to tell you and make sure it wouldn't be an issue." Nova continued, her voice softening at the thought of her or Spencer having to quit their jobs.

"It's not an issue. I'm glad you told me." Hotch said seriously, looking between the two. Nova beamed at him happily and Spencer's eyebrows raised so far up his forehead that they were hidden under his mess of curly hair. "Really?" she said excitedly, the light in her eyes slightly brightening under the dull office lighting.

Hotch gave her the smallest smile. She was always one to light up a room with ease. She was a portable ray of warmth and heat that makes you feel so giddy inside. That warmth is exactly why she's so good at her job. That warmth can turn to scorching hot fire in an instant, and no one ever suspects it.

"Really. I'll be monitoring you two, just like I did with JJ and Prentiss." He said, looking back down to his dull office work. Nova jumped up from her seat and gave him a short but powerful hug, before skipping out of the room. "Thanks, Hotch!" she said as she ran out toward were JJ, Emily, Penelope and Derek were. Spencer gave a happy smile to Hotch and followed her. He always followed her. "We did it," Spencer said smiling at them.

Nova scoffed and turned to him with an incredulous look on his face. He turned slightly sheepish. "Well- Nova did it, but I was there," he said, gently scooping her hand up and gripping it. Nova's cheeks turned slightly pink and Derek snorted. "Wow, Nova. I thought you were supposed to be all badass," he said cockily, raising his eyebrows.

Nova raised her eyebrows and feigned offense, cursing at him in fake anger when an intern from the floor below walked up to them. "Excuse me, are these guys bothering you?" he asked her quietly. Spencer immediately narrowed his eyes at the man's proximity to Nova. She snorted "Yes." she replied, looking pointedly at Derek. "Hey- she knows us! She's just messing," he said to the intern. "Unfortunately." Nova snickered under her breath before turning to face the intern, who was staring at her. She immediately backed up away from him into Spencer's chest, who wrapped his arm around her tightly and turned his gaze to the intern.

"Everything's fine. You can go now," he said with a fake smile, his eyes glaring straight at the poor guy. Nova quietly choked on her own spit as the intern turned red and sputtered away quickly. The whole group shared surprised and amused faces, bursting into quiet laughter when the man was out of earshot. "Damn boy genius! That was cold" Derek said, laughing. Spencer frowned, "I didn't like the way he was staring at Nova." he muttered, his cheeks blushing.

Nova opened her mouth to say something, but no sound came out. Emily snickered at her as the group made their way out of the BAU for drinks.

It was 6 in the morning and Nova was too hungover to be up that early

It was 6 in the morning and Nova was too hungover to be up that early. She trudged her way through the BAU and immediately brightened when she saw that Spencer got her a coffee. They had slept at her place the night before, but he left before she woke up and said he'd meet her there. Now she knew why. She gave him a soft smile that she only had for him, and accepted it gratefully.

"Alright, we have an unsub that is targetting specific women. All in their mid 20's, all of Asian descent with dark hair, small frames." Penelope said as she walked into the conference room, an air of discomfort around her.

All of the members were slightly disturbed by the case files. These girls were all similar to Nova and they were less than pleased. Nova felt Spencer stiffen slightly from beside her and she immediately placed her hand lightly under his hand. She felt his hand move as soon as she grazed it. He flipped his hand over and interlocked their fingers, feeling better with her next to him. They got the information that the case was in Quantico and the team was less than uneasy. After they were finished, Rossi and Hotch pulled Nova to the side. "Nova, I understand if you can't take this case with us," Hotch said quietly, his brows frowning with concern.

Nova bristled, happy that they cared but too determined to back down. "No, no. No, it's fine. It's probably just a coincidence. I'll be good to work today." she said, nodding her head with enthusiasm. Rossi eyed her suspiciously before saying "Y'know kiddo if there's any point in the case where you need to step away-" he started but Nova just smiled and shook her head. "I'll be fine". She had an easy smile on, and Rossi and Hotch knew better than to argue with her. "Alright. Wheels up in 20," Hotch said before making his way out of the office.

Nova couldn't stop the feeling of worry pooling in her stomach, gnawing at her insides. Stop being so dramatic, Nova. Not everything is about you. People are dying, get yourself together.

A/N: Are you ready? Shit's about to go down. Are you guys enjoying the plot development/writing? Please tell me if there's anything you'd like me to write. I think there are 3 or 4 more chapters and this book will be finished. I'm excited about the next few chapters!