𝐜 𝐡 𝐚 𝐩 𝐭 𝐞 𝐫 𝟏𝟐

The girls

Spitfire, Penny G, Gay 1, Gay 2

2:35 PM- Spitfire: Penny, I'm telling you I don't want a date.

Penny G: Well too damn bad. I'm not gonna let you mope about Spencer all day and all night. You know he likes you just ask him out!

Spitfire: He doesn't have feelings for me, we're just friends.

Gay 1: Bullshit. The other day, I saw him open his phone and literally just stare at your contact for a full 7 minutes and 34 seconds. JJ timed it. Just stared. At your NAME!

Gay 2: Yeah, Em's right, I did time it. He is W H I P P E D whipped for you, he's just too much of a baby to ask you out.

Spitfire: If he wanted to ask me out, he would. You know I have trouble asking people out. I'm all paranoid and my armpits get all sweaty and I start to stink, it's not pretty.

Penny G: You literally didn't get a chance to shower for three days on a case last week and you came back smelling like vanilla ice cream and cherries.

Spitfire:....Do you sniff me?

Gay 1: Yes.

Gay 2: Yes.

Penny G: Yes.

Spitfire: ....... what the fuck?

Penny G: Anyhowsies, I set up a dating profile for you and got, get this, 243 matches. You are smoking hot, sweetheart and these guys know it.

Gay 2: Oh did you use that picture of her in that black two-piece swimsuit? I couldn't look at a body of water for two weeks after seeing that.

Gay 1: Oh, that's why you didn't want to go to the beach!

Penny G: You guys were going to go to the beach without me? :(

Gay 2: It was supposed to be romantic.

Spitfire: Ugh. Third-wheeling Jemily is like having your brain rubbed against a dry eraser board. Painful and LOUD!

Penny G: That's how we feel whenever you and boy genius are in a room together.

Gay 2: How is it that you always manage to gaze into each other's eyes?

Gay 1: Aw, Em. I can gaze into your eyes if you want me to.

Penny G: HEY! None of that. You will not do this in the group chat. Remember what happened last time?

Spitfire: Oh, please don't remind me.

Penny G: How does a 28-year-old Keith Tarson sound? He's from Illinois, graduated from Penn state with a degree in Finance and Accounting.

Gay 2: There were so many red flags there I can't even count them.

Penny G: Okay, how bout a 26-year-old Carson Miller. He lives and works in Quantico as a vet for all sorts of animals, and has 2 saint Bernard's named Milo and Elvis.

Spitfire: You're not giving up on this, are you?

Penny G: Not one bit.

Spitfire:....... fine.

Gay 1: YAYYYY

Gay 2: We have a winner!

Penny G: You and Mr. Miller are scheduled for a date tomorrow at 9 PM, Italiano food and wine. We'll drive you. Bring a dress to work so you can change there, sweets.

Spitfire: I hate you all.

Nova sighed and put away her phone before sighing and heading to the bureau.

Their case had just finished and the last thing Nova wanted to do was go on a date, but Penelope wouldn't budge

Their case had just finished and the last thing Nova wanted to do was go on a date, but Penelope wouldn't budge. She sighed as she put on the pretty black dress that JJ had given her to wear. She didn't want to go on a date with this random guy with two Saint Bernard's. She wanted to go on a date with Spencer.

Nova was too scared and too vulnerable to admit that. She strapped her heels on and pulled her brown leather jacket over her dress, admiring herself in the mirror. The dress really was gorgeous. Emily tried convincing her to ditch her leather jacket but Nova was not in the mood to be cold just to look good. Whatever she wore. she'd look good and she knew that.

She huffed and grabbed her bag before walking out, not looking at anyone. "My, my, looks like someone has plans," Derek says as he looks at her outfit. Nova half-frowned half-pouted and muttered a frustrated "Mgh" at Morgan before pointing at the girls, who were laughing at Nova, and making rude hand gestures towards them. Derek and Rossi started laughing as they saw the group of girls look away from Nova, feigning innocence. "What'd you do to poor Nova?" Rossi said, laughing at the flustered state of her. Penelope and Emily shared a look before their eyes widened and they practically tackled JJ. "Penny made her go on a date," JJ said just as her mouth was covered by Emily's hand. "UGH! JJ!" Penelope said, throwing her hands up in accusation.

"I'm sorry! I couldn't hold it in, you know I get all sweaty when I lie." JJ muttered, looking away from them. Spencer stayed silent from where he was at his desk, a deep pit of frustration stirring in his stomach.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

He was stupid, of course he was. It was only a matter of time before Nova got swept up off her feet by some huge, outgoing, muscular guy with a mustache. I could grow a mustache. He mentally kicked himself after thinking that. He knows damn well he can't grow a mustache. He should've just grown the balls and asked Nova on a date, and now he can't because it's too late. Instead of admitting that he's wrong, he plastered a fake smile on his face and said "Have fun on your date!" before packing his stuff up and leaving.

Nova looked over to the girls, who all had slight grimaces on their faces. She frowned lightly, before saying "I should get going, have a good night guys." and leaving the office.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

She was so damn stupid, of course she was. He didn't even care that she was going on a date. Why would he? They were just friends, right? He didn't even show an ounce of jealousy, not even a frown. She should've just listened to her gut, it was right all along. She got into her car and started driving to the restaurant. She was an FBI agent, she wasn't going to let a random guy she didn't know to drive her around on the first date.

She pulled up to the restaurant and walked in, spotting a mediocre-looking guy, with a slightly round face and brown hair. Not attractive, not ugly. He dressed the same way. Not stylish, but he didn't look homeless. She walked toward the table and he didn't get up to greet her, red flag number 1.

"You must be Nova, hello, I'm Carson," he said with a small smile. She mustered a smile up herself and shook his hand before sitting down.