𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐: 𝐏𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐞

// this chapter is literally just fluff, i was in a fluff mood so that's what you guys get >:)

-Writer

Although you were lying to your only love, you were still in his arms. Being so close to him reminded you of home.

"I'm sorry, Wilbur."

Wil looked at you, confused. He held you closer in silence. You realized your thoughts slipped after they were spoken. "Nevermind, ignore that. I love you, Wil. I'm glad you're back, seriously. Can we spend some time together?" you buried your head in his chest, still overwhelmed from crying, your eyes were puffy and you were shaking.

Wilbur was your biggest comfort through everything. No matter what happened, you felt most safe with him. Even though you felt like he didn't even try to stay at times, even though you mourned every time you woke up alone, on the left side on the bed. You knew he loved you, you knew he's the only one. And, sometimes knowing he's the only one hurts. It feels like a void, you can't find anyone else like him, and that pains you so much. It always has, because why isn't there anyone who can compare to him? 

You were overthinking it. It doesn't matter how often he leaves, right? Good lord, he doesn't even tell you why he leaves. Apparently, it's private, and you can respect that.

Stop overthinking it, just leave him be.

But, i can't help it. I overthink all the time, it's all i do. Have you noticed? every time you think of him, you start worrying about all the things that could happen to him.

Shut the fuck up, why does it matter what happens to someone like him anyways? All he does is leave, come back to gain your trust back and leave again.

That's not true, i'm not like that! It's something he can't tell me, does that immediately mean he's a liar? I doubt he'd ever cheat on me, he's too good of a person. Plus, i've never even lost my trust in him. I know i can trust him.

Have you noticed how stupid you look? You're talking to yourself, F/N. That's kind of pathetic, isn't it? Why waste your time arguing with your own thoughts? That doesn't make anything better, you idiot.

Good lord, can you shut up for one second please? I probably look fucking crazy right now, what would Wil think of me? He'll probably think you're not paying attention, and you LITERALLY just asked him a question --

"Sunshine? Are you alright?" Wilbur softly lets you go. You nod that you're fine, and he understands. He gently nudges your arm so you know what direction to walk in, and he wraps his arms around you.

Suddenly, you snap back to what you were doing. You see Wilbur, streaking his hand through your hair. He sat you down on the bed, and made sure you were okay. You didn't feel tears rolling down your cheeks anymore, yet your eyes felt heavy.

You leaned onto him, and he grinned. "Are you tired, F/N? is that it, my angel?" 

You nodded, and he gently pushed your body onto the bed and laid down next to you. He rested his forehead against yours and closed his eyes.

He was so gentle, he always looked so sweet, until this morning. This morning his face looked scared almost, out of this world, depressed. He was so pale, and his glasses were damaged. You don't even want to think of it, his teary eyes hurt your soul, even if he was someone who cried in such a gorgeous, almost artistic way. His face looks like art, no matter what. He'd look so beautiful doing anything.

Why was it different this morning? Why did he look so upset? His soul looked shattered, and how does he look so gentle again, how is he the Wilbur you know again in such a short timespan? 

You're probably just overthinking it.

You try and close your eyes next to the man you love dearly. You snickered, he still has his jacket on, so you move your arms over to his shoulders, and carefully remove it. The brunette was already sound asleep. You put your hand on his cheek, it's cold. Jeez, now i kind of get why he wears that jacket all the time. 

Nontheless, you don't mind. So you continue warming his cheek with your hand, carressing his skin until you fall asleep.