I Love You More (Michael Clifford) - Part 1

Your boyfriend looked up to Alex Gaskarth more than any other person in the music industry. Of course, this was no surprise to anyone that knew him. Michael always talked about how cool it would be to write with Alex one day – or even meet him for that matter.

What Michael didn't know, however, was that Alex Gaskarth was your older brother. He was actually your step-brother which was why you didn't have the same last name as him, so it was pretty understandable that he didn't know.

You had been dating Michael for almost seven months, but you never told him simply because you were afraid he would start treating you differently or want to spend more time with him than he would you. You knew your reasoning was a bit childish, but with the way Michael talked about the band, you couldn't help but feel that way.

All Time Low were on tour the day Michael met your father and step-mother and you begged them not to tell him about the band. They were confused at first, but they agreed and the night went amazingly. Michael had no clue about your famous brother and it remained that way for your entire relationship. Until now, that is. You started feeling guilty about keeping the secret, so you decided that you would tell him today – well, actually, you would show him.

The band was home for a few months to do some writing for their next album. You asked the guys if it was okay that you brought someone over while they were practicing and they were all for it. You texted Michael asking if he wanted to hang out and he was more than happy to, so he texted you back saying he would be over in a few minutes. You were sitting on the couch in your basement while the guys were playing when you heard your step-mom yell your name.

"Y/N!" she called down the stairs, "Michael's here!" You let out a breath, making your brother tilt his head. He put his guitar down as you got up and hurried in front of you before you left the room.

"What's up?" Alex asked.

"Nothing," you mumbled, shrugging slightly. He raised his eyebrows at you. "Nothing!" you repeated defensively.

"There's nothing to be nervous about, you know. I'm sure he won't treat you any differently," he told you, ruffling your hair. You hated how he always knew exactly what you were thinking. You rolled your eyes, running your fingers through your hair to fix it as you trotted up the stairs.

"Hey!" Michael beamed when you got into the living room where he was waiting with your step-mom, pulling you into a hug. "So what did you want to do today? We could go to the mall," he suggested, "I've been meaning to pick up a couple new albums at F.Y.E.."

"Actually," you said, "I thought we could stay in. My brother's home for a while and really wants to meet you."

"You have a brother?" he tilted his head. You nodded slowly, taking his hand and leading him downstairs. "Why didn't you ever tell me about him?" You bit your inner cheek as you heard Alex talking with the other guys.

"Just don't... Don't freak out, okay?" you asked before you got to the main part of the basement where the band was. He gave you a confused look and you pulled him over to the band. He froze, making you squeak as you were jerked back since you were still walking.

"Holy shit," he whispered, making them chuckle.

"Whoa!" Alex exclaimed with a smile, looking at you, "You're dating the dude from 5 Seconds of Summer?"

Michael's eyes widened and he looked at you as well, "He knows who I am..."

"Of course I do, man! I love the band! You guys are incredible!"

"Oh my God," was all Michael could say.

"Well, you guys are more than welcome to listen to us practice," Alex said. The others nodded in agreement. "These are a few of the newer songs we're working on for the upcoming record and I think it would be really cool to have some outside help in changing what needs to be changed and all that stuff." Michael was still in shock, so you pulled him to the couch to sit down. You sat down next to him and he immediately put his arm around your waist and pulled you into him while the guys started playing.

"Why didn't you tell me Alex Gaskarth is your brother?" he whispered in your ear. You shrugged, sinking down in your seat. "You're worried I'll ditch you to spend time with him now, aren't you?" You frowned and he knew he was right. He chuckled quietly, kissing your cheek, "I'll never love him more than I love you, Y/N." Your breath hitched as you looked up at him.

"You love me?" you asked shakily. He smiled, kissing your forehead.

"I love you," he nodded. You hid your face in his shoulder, feeling your face get red.

"I love you too, Mikey," you mumbled into his shirt. Michael looked at the band and noticed they were all smiling, obviously having heard the conversation.

~

i wrote this in less than an hour yall. i'm pretty impressed with myself tbh.
i didn't proofread. sorry. the title is shit. also sorry.
this was requested, so yeah. although i am all about back to back michael imagines.
maybe there could be a part two. who knows. i certainly don't.