All Jumped Out (Michael Clifford)

You let out a deep sigh and stood back, admiring your hard work. You were at the local park, enjoying your next couple days off of school, and decided to channel your inner 5-year-old and make a pile of leaves to jump in. It was quite difficult as you hadn't planned on doing this and didn't have a rake, but you managed to get a pretty good pile of leaves by pushing them with your shoes and picking them up in your arms. You quickly made your way back to the pile to check for any stray sticks – you didn't want to go home with an injury, of course – before walking back to where you were.

You were about to run toward the pile when you heard loud footsteps coming from behind you. You looked back just in time to watch a boy run past you and jump into your pile of leaves. He quickly jumped back to his feet and began running away when you let out a small shriek, making him stop in his tracks. He looked back at you just in time to watch you throw yourself onto your back and lie on the cold ground. He watched you with the brief thought that he could just leave, knowing he would never see you again, but he knew he'd feel too guilty later on. You heard footsteps come toward you once again, but this time, they were much slower and quieter.

"Um, hey," the boy – who had bright red hair that could be seen from a mile away – said, looking down at you as he approached you, "Are you alright?"

"Am I alright?" you repeated sarcastically, "Well, I would tell you, but it's clear to me that you have complete disregard for anyone but yourself, so if you could just leave me to wallow in self-pity alone, that would be great."

"Listen, I didn't mean to-"

You cut him off, "I don't know why you're about to lie to me. I watched you make the decision to ruin a random stranger's day."

"Don't you think you're overreacting just a little? I mean, it's just a pile of leaves."

"It's just a pile of leaves that I spent 45 minutes perfecting!" you squeaked. "I have been beyond stressed out, studying night and day for two weeks for my exams and when I finally decide to give myself a break, this is how life repays me. Why do I ever leave my apartment? I just don't know," you sighed to yourself, putting your arms over your face. "Can you please leave me to wallow in self-pity now?" you asked, your voice muffled by your jacket sleeves.

"I just-"

You cut him off again, nearly shouting, "Please?!"

He mumbled a few things to himself that you couldn't make out – not that you really cared what he was saying. Your day was ruined and although the reasoning was a bit childish, you were still incredibly mad at him.

~

A few minutes later, you heard rustling of leaves near you again and you groaned, "I thought I told you to leave me alone?"

"You did," he said, "But I couldn't leave with that on my conscience, so I wanted to make it up to you." He grabbed your hand, pulling you up off the ground as you squeaked, startled by the sudden physical contact.

"Honestly!" you exclaimed, jerking your hand out of his grasp, "What part of leave me alone is so hard to understand?!"

"The 'leave' part," he gave you a cheesy grin. "Come on, just look," he gestured to his left and when you looked over, your eyes widened. He had spent almost 10 minutes making another pile of leaves – far bigger than the one it took you nearly an hour to accomplish. "Go jump in it," he said, nudging you with his elbow lightly.

"I'm all jumped out," you told him, "I have to get home and study anyway." You began walking away when he grabbed your arm and stopped you.

"Listen, Miss I-don't-know-your-name," he stated firmly, "If you do not jump in that pile, I will pick you up and throw you into it." You stared at him for a moment.

"I'm going home," you said, turning around and walking away.

Before you could take even three steps, you felt arms wrap around your waist, spinning you back around. The boy picked you up and threw you over his shoulder, making his way over to the pile of leaves.

"What are you doing?!" you shouted, hitting his lower back.

"I told you," he said, unfazed by your punches, "Either you were going to jump or I was going to throw you." He put you back on your feet for a brief moment, but before you had the chance to run, he picked you up again bridal style.

You screamed as he tossed you into the pile – and luckily, there were enough leaves there so landing on your stomach didn't hurt at all. You propped yourself up on your forearms as the boy turned and fell onto his back right beside you. You brushed leaves and strands of hair from your face before looking at him with an almost shocked expression. He simply looked at you and smiled.

"I'm Michael, by the way," he finally introduced himself.

You bit your lip as you felt a smile begin pulling at the corners of your mouth, "Y/N."

~

Outfit: http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=140042458