Desperate (Michael Clifford) - Part 1

"Alright," you said, handing the boy in front of you his change, "And your name?"

"Will Smith," he smiled, hurrying away before you could respond. You rolled your eyes and wrote his name on the cup, beginning to make his drink.

When you were finished, you rolled your eyes again, knowing you would have to call his 'name' out loud. You let out a sigh before projecting your voice toward the direction the blue-haired boy ran off to.

"Will Smith!" you called out. He came trotting around the corner with the biggest smirk on his face, but it quickly faltered when you handed him the cup.

"This isn't my cup," he said, looking back up at you.

"Yes, it is," you nodded, "I wrote Michael, but it's pronounced Will Smith, trust me." You saw a smile start pulling at the corner of his mouth, but he was obviously trying to keep it from showing. You leaned onto the counter, motioning for him to do the same. "Little word of advice," you whispered, your faces inches away from each other, "If you want to convince the barista that your name is actually Will Smith, make sure that one of your friends didn't come in two hours earlier and try the same thing."

He chuckled quietly, nodding his head, "It was Calum, wasn't it?"

"It was," you grinned, moving back, "Oh, and if Luke or Ashton want a clear shot at it, I suggest coming in on weekends between 2 and 8. Anna – she's got bright blonde hair and always wears it in a messy bun – is new to town and doesn't really know anyone yet, so you'll probably have a better shot with her for at least two months."

"Thank you," he smiled, "When do you work?"

"10 to 6 on weekdays," you answered.

"Great. I'll see you tomorrow then," he bit his lip, turning around and walking out the door.

"Absolutely not!" you heard someone shout from across the coffee shop.

Your head snapped over to see your best friend heading straight for the counter. She stopped abruptly in front of you, slamming her palms down and making you take a step back.

"Addison? How long have you been here?" you asked seeing as you never saw her come in.

"Long enough!" Her voice was drastically lower as she reached over the counter and pushed your shoulder. "What were you doing flirting with Michael Clifford?!"

"What? Does he have a girlfriend now?"

"No, but-"

"Then I don't see the harm in flirting with him."

"But with Michael Clifford, Y/N?! Really?!"

"Yes, Addie, with Michael Clifford."

"You know his rep, Y/N! He's a total jerk and hasn't ever kept the same girl around for more than a week! He's like the Taylor Swift of this town!"

"First of all, the amount of people you date does not determine your worth," you started, wiping the counter, "Secondly, I never said I was going to hook up with the guy; I was just flirting. Third, I am well aware of his reputation. We had at least one class together every semester of senior year. Fourth, he's kinda cute. Why not have a little fun?"

"Don't be fooled by his good looks, Y/N!" She was practically begging at this point. It was starting to get sad. "He's like that one piece of chocolate in the chocolate box that you thought was caramel, but was really coconut. He may look cute and sweet and innocent on the outside, but on the inside, he's a disaster and makes you wonder what type of person could hate the world so much that they had to spawn another person just to make it a shittier place."