9

Domenicos POV

"Where are you taking me?" She asks cautiously as I guided her blindfolded self to the place I wanted to show her.

"Tada" I say removing her blindfold as she blinks for a while before gasping at the sight in front of us.

"Are we in heaven?" She gasps while walking to the edge of the hill we were on.

"If anyone else saw the view I'm looking at, they would say we are" I reply as she turned around seeing me staring back at her.

She blushed at my words but turned away quickly to try to hide it from me.

"This place is really nice, how did you find it?" She asks trying to change the subject as I laughed.

"My mom used to bring my sister and I here for family picnics when my dad would be busy doing jobs in other states"

"Family picnics? Damn, your childhood must've been way better than mine then. Didn't even know family picnics existed outside of corny movies and tv shows"

She looked back at the sound of me grabbing something from the back of the black SUV I drove us up here in.

"What are you doing?"

"What does it look like?"

"Like you're gonna camp out on top of this hill in the middle of the afternoon"

"Actually, we're gonna be having a little afternoon snack right here on top of this hill"

Her eyes widened as I took out a big picnic basket that was behind the SUV with the blankets and pillows I had stuffed back here earlier as well.

"Mister Romano, if I'm not mistaken, it seems like you're setting a setting for us as if we are on our first date"

"Do you want it to be?"

"What?"

"Do you want it to be a date Miss De Leon?"

She stared back at me with a sheepish look before breaking eye contact. Grabbing a blanket from the car she quickly seated herself on the big blanket I placed on the floor earlier.

"What are we eating on this fine afternoon?"

"Since your father slipped the fact about your obsession with sandwiches, I decided to make you one of my fan favorite customized sandwiches"

"You have fans?"

"If you consider my military buddies and my mom and sister, than yes"

She laughed at my words before taking the sandwich I pulled out of the basket for her. She looked up at me with a surprised look, noticing the size of the sand which.

"What? You honestly can't think a sandwich made by a person my size would be smaller than the one in your hand" I say while making an exaggerated hurt expression as she rolled her eyes and laughed.

"Fine but if I get full by the second bite than don't get mad if I waste it" She replies before taking off the plastic wrap around the sandwich and taking a bite.

While she was chewing on my sandwich, I decided to take out the rest of the food and drinks I put inside the picnic basket for us to eat.

"Damn! This is the shit!" She gasps while wiping her mouth as I laughed at the words she used to describe my sandwich making skills.

"Is that how young people now a days describe the best sandwich ever made?"

"What do you mean young people? You act like you're way older than me. When were you born?"