4

(This was supposed to be up on Friday but I went out instead)

Janani Santana Amore Greene
(Ja)
South Jamaica,Queens New York
16

   Pausing my music and answering the incoming FaceTime call I shifted my attention to my phone

"Hey girl you still coming over to hangout?"Myera asked.

"Yea in just finishing up but I should be there in 20 minutes."

She nodded her head and hung up.

I'm a lie because I just got out the shower I should be there in a hour.

********************************************

"Yea I'm pulling up right now."

"I thought you said you would be here a hour ago.Girl you got my brother thinking your imaginary."She straight faced me before busting out in laughter.

It's been 3 weeks since we last met and became really close.

I would actually consider her a good friend of mine but this would be the first time I went to her house.

Parking my car on the side of the road I spotted her waving me down to her apartment complex.

"Pause before we leave take my picture please?"

She laughed and nodded her head before grabbing my phone.

(Imagine this but outside)

Trailing behind her to her apartment she opened the door and we were met with a cloud of smoke.

"My bad my brother and his friends are over." She said making the oops face.

I just waved her off cause I didn't mind since I smoked.

Once we hit the living room she asked her brother to turn down the music.

But he looked to be tuning her out completely and just staring at me.

"Stop staring at my friend and just make sure you guys keep it down we'll be in the back." She raised her voice slightly to gain his attention.

Chuckling and shaking his head. "I gotchu but your friend can't speak?"

"Oh I can speak I was waiting for you guys to finish talking.But since you asked good afternoon."

He just licked his lips and gave me a head nod.

I was gonna ask him why he kept doing that I decided against it and silently followed Myeria to her room.

"You know my brother or sum?Cause he keep looking at you like he know you."She continued rolling a blunt as she calmly spoke.

"I mean I don't know him but he be hanging wit my cousin nem so I saw him once."

She just glanced at me almost to see if I was lying but she shrugged and continued what she was doing.

"The way he be staring at you I would've thought y'all spoke before."She spoke but I could still sense the curiosity laced in her voice.

I just hummed in response because there's not much I could say in response to that.

"You got school tomorrow or you staying home?"She asked pausing what she was doing and turning her attention to me.

"Honestly I'll probably go for 2 or 3 periods and then dip."I nonchalantly said as I shrugged my shoulders.

Most of the time I skipped school either due to my mental health or because I didn't feel up to it.

I wasn't failing though because my school offered online classes that I would do when I wasn't in school.

We ended up talking about randomness while I waited for her to seal the blunt with the lighter.

(This is a shorter chapter low key)