25

Lorelei

Warmth.

Not the good kind.

I cracked my eye open, but immediately regret it - the sun blinded me and I groaned, flipping my head to the other side to avoid the light. "Ouch."

My eyes closed again, but I heard shuffling from a few feet away and my eyes involuntarily opened, wondering, where the hell even am I?

I sat up, noticing that both Anastasia and Josh were in my bed, Josh on my left and Anastasia on my right. It was my room in the penthouse, so I was curious why they were both here.

Further inspection revealed that it wasn't just those two that were here, but all six of us.

Danny was asleep on the floor, blanket draped over him. Sammy was on the small futon couch, arms and legs sprawled everywhere, and Jake was awake, sitting in the desk chair. He snickered at my confusion and more likely - my bed head.

"Why are they...?"

"They decided on a sleepover in your room after we got back." He informed, spinning back and forth slightly in the chair. I nodded, but was still wondering why they chose my room to have this sleepover and how both Josh and Anastasia wound up in my bed.

"We didn't have a threesome, did we?"

"Christ, no."

"That's a relief." I gulped and he laughed while I tried to figure out a way out of the friend sandwich I was in. I lifted the blanket up off of my legs, wearing the same uncomfortable clothes from last night. Oh god, I probably need to shower.

I carefully stood and stepped off of the end of the bed, in front of Jake. "I need coffee."

"Let's go get some." He suggested, standing from his spot. He had on the same clothes, too, jeans and a half-unbuttoned shirt. His hair was tangled and tied back into a ponytail, at least a dozen loose strands hanging in front of his face.

Jake and I never really spent any time together, just us two, so maybe this would be a good chance to. I admired him in a big brother kind of way, and I would love to get to know him better.

"Yeah, okay. Let me change and brush my teeth." I nodded, and he agreed that he should probably do the same. He exited my room and I went in my bathroom to get changed, hoping not to wake anyone up in the process. I shoved my toothbrush in my mouth and rooted through my suitcase that i'd just have to pack again in a few hours, and picked out a beige long sleeved shirt and my favorite mom jeans, along with my infamous black belt.

With the toothbrush still in my cheek I changed my underwear and jeans, rinsing out my mouth before changing the bra and shirt. My beige shirt was more of a turtleneck, but wasn't as thick as a sweater. It reached halfway up my neck and I tucked it into the jeans, shoving on some socks and my converse afterwards. Deodorant and perfume made me feel better about not showering and I quickly yanked a comb through my hair, leaving it in its natural, wavy state.

I peeked over at Josh and Anastasia before leaving the room, making sure they were still asleep. Should I leave a note? A text? As I exited the room, I typed out a text for Josh and pressed send.

jake and i left to get some coffee. be back soon, xoxo.

Jake was already ready and waiting, dressed in a red flannel and jeans, and, of course, chelsea boots. He put his phone in his pocket and stood, flashing me a tired smile. "Ready?"

"Yeah," I nodded, approaching him. "Let's go."

"Where are you two going?" I heard from the left, turning to find Keagan sitting at the kitchen table. "We leave in three hours."