Chapter 27

I groan in annoyance as I heard angry faint voices outside my room. I look over at the time and let out a tired breath as I noticed it was only 3 in the morning. I close my eyes again until the voices increased.

"What the hell?" I whisper to myself as I hastily off my bed and make my way towards my door. I quietly open it and slowly tiptoed outside of my room. I peek my head behind the wall and widened my eyes seeing Yeonjun and Yeji at the front door, whisper yelling.

"Why can't you sneak out tonight? I miss you." He asks as he tries to reach for her hand but she quickly pulls back.

"We literally talked on the phone a couple hours ago." She breathes out, seeming to be exceedingly exhausted. He narrows his eyes towards her and crosses his arms.

"Am I not allowed to call my girlfriend whenever I want?" He asks in disbelief. Yeji scoffs and crosses her arms as well.

"Not unless your 'girlfriend' is tired and wants her damn space!" She angrily says. Before he could reply, she quickly lifts up her hands for him to shut up.

"You know what Yeonjun? We need to break up." I feel my heart beating at an abnormally fast rate as my eyes widen in disbelief.

What?

"What?" Yeonjun asks as he suddenly drops his arms to the side in disbelief. Yeji sighs and averts her eyes to her shoes.

"Let's be honest Yeonjun. We haven't been the same for a long time and I just don't have feelings for you anymore. And, frankly, I know you don't as well. I've seen the way you look at guys. And don't think I didn't notice you grinding up on a guy at the club." She causally states as his eyes widens in horror and takes a step back. I slap hands over my mouth to hold in a gasp.

This night is getting weirder and weirder.

"Wh— No I-I ... uh.." He stammers out. Yeji smiles lightly and places her hand on his shoulder in a friendly way.

"Hey, I won't judge you. Trust me. I understand." She says. He stares at her for a moment before letting out a breath and chuckling dryly.

"Damn." Is all he could say. What was there to say when you're secret was exposed by the one and only Hwang Yeji?

She chuckles and nods her head as she once again crosses her arms.

"Your secrets safe with me." She says. He smiles lightly and nods his head.

"Thank you Yeji. But believe me, I really did have strong feelings for you." He says. Yeji smiles lightly.

"I did too, but something came up and because of that, I just never felt the same way." She says with an apologetic smile. He nods in understanding.

"No I get it. And I'm sorry I've been annoying lately." He apologizes while scratching the back of his neck lightly. She laughs lightly and shakes her head.

"It's okay. And I'm sorry for being bitchy." I smile lightly at the civil break up I never knew even existed. Yeonjun then sends her a teasing smile as he took a few steps back.

"By the way, you're secrets safe with me too. By something, you meant someone am I right?" He asks. She immediately stiffens and began to stammer nervously. And before Yeji could even respond, he quickly turned around and jogged to his car.

Someone?

The hell does that mean?

Boys are weird.

.............

It's been a few weeks since Yeji officially and truthfully announced her break up to us. And I was still extremely shocked with that new information. I didn't know what to feel?