7

declan's pov

it's been about two hours and training had just ended. i tap masons shoulder just before leaving the pitch. "you alright bro?" he asks, putting the ball back into the bag. "not really mate no. what's up with you and chloe? faye's been down about it all day." i say, walking slowly. he sighs, "well, she keeps asking to meet up and i'm going in a few minutes to see her, talk things through. that's all it is."
"it better be. that girl has got her heart set on you mase, i can even see it. don't fuck this up." and with that, i walk the opposite way to faye.

i sit beside her. she gives me a small smile, "what did he say?"
"he's going to meet up with her now, to 'talk things through', that guys an asshole sometimes." i hear her chuckle, "yeah, well hopefully nothing happens between them both. you know, i really do like mason. i just want to know where his heads at."
"shits like love island ain't it?" i joke, causing her to giggle. "yeah it is" she says, putting her head on my shoulder.

masons pov

now knowing that faye knows, a weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. i think to myself, maybe i should text her. just to reassure her before leaving.

faye ♥️

me
hey, i just wanted to tell you that nothing is happening between me and chloe. i just wanted to talk to her, assuming she thinks id probably still like her. i really do like you, faye.
once i get chloe out of the way we can  do whatever you want.

faye
that's okay, honestly. i just wish you would've told me sooner. i really like you too and i really hope this can go somewhere !!

me
of course it will, i won't fuck this up okay?

faye
i trust you, see you later <3
liked by me

———————————————————

fayes pov

i look down at my phone and smile at masons messages, causing declan to ask, "who got you smiling?"
"masonnn, he just texted me" i reply and show him the messages. he smiles slightly, "he better stay true to his word. or he'll be dealing with the rice man" he flexes his muscles, causing me to laugh.
"indeed. what if the paparazzi find them??" i ask, dec shakes his head. "no clue but hopefully they won't pick up anything and make it out to be something that it isn't. they always do that the pric-"
"shush. you gonna get yourself sued" i say, both of us laughing.

masons pov

i message chloe to tell her that i'm on my way after changing out of my football kit, putting on a matching tracksuit. i leave the training ground and head toward my car. opening the door, i turn on the engine and head off. chloe is meeting me at some cafe about 5 minutes away from the grounds. luckily it wasn't a long drive.

i arrive and park my car, locking it behind me. chloe was standing at the cafe, waiting for me to arrive. she sees me and gives me a slight smile, it soon turning into a resting bitch face. "you alright?" she asks, bluntly. "yeah, you?"  she nods her head. "let's go sit down, get this over and done with."
she sounded stubborn, stubborn enough to even piss me off. "look chloe if you're going to act like this we might as well not even talk this through." i say, walking into the cafe behind her. she turns around, "act like what, mason."
"stubborn as fuck." if looks could kill, chloe would've killed me. her eyes were full with anger. "fuck off then, this shit is done." she spits, running off in a tantrum like a 3 year old. i follow behind her, "it was over when you fucked my friend." i yell, causing her to only stick her finger up at me as she got into her car. i chuckle, what a child.

i look to my right to see paparazzi. great, another thing to piss me off. "mason!!", they say, running over to me like fan girls. "are you and chloe still dating??" i look at them and laugh, "what do you think mate?" i answer, walking towards my car and opening the door. i get in and slam it shut before they could ask anymore questions. i'm normally kind, but this was too much.

jacks pov

"have you seen what the paps got of mason and chloe?" i ask, walking into the kitchen which had faye, declan and saka in. "nah, show me" saka replies, heading over to me. i show him the video only for faye to come over too. "show me?". i replay the video and show her, immediately her hand covers her mouth. "what the hell? i never knew she cheated on him." she sounded guilty, for what?
"she cheated on him????" declan asks, running over and snatching the phone out of my hand. "according to that video, yes" i reply. "he told all of us that the feeling was mutual?" saka adds, me and declan both nod. "i know, he always covers up when he's embarrassed about something." i agree with declan before turning to look back at faye.

right as she was about to speak, mason comes through the door and slams it shut before heading upstairs. "mase?" i shout, walking into the hallway. he ignores me and slams his bedroom door. i walk back into the kitchen, "faye, go check up on him?" i ask her, she smiles. "of course" she replies to me and heads up.

faye's pov

after heading up the stairs, i walk to masons bedroom door and knock on it lightly. "mase? are you okay?" i ask, not getting a response. a few seconds later, the door opens. "you can come in faye" he says.
i smile and walk in, shutting the door behind me. mason jumps back on his bed and buries his head in his pillows. i sit beside him, "want a hug?" i ask politely. he removes his head from the pillows and smiles, "i'd love one." he shuffles over to me and i wrap my arms around him tightly. we both fall back, only for him to hug me tighter.

"you've already cheered me up" he mumbles into my hoodie. i smile, "i'm glad i have. everyone saw what happened." i say as i release myself from his grip and sit up. he rubs his eyes and sits beside me. "i figured. the amount of paparazzi was insane."
"i bet," i reply. we both fall into a comfortable silence before it was soon broken by mason. "so, now that chloe is out of the way, i've been wanting to ask you something?"

nerves immediately fill my stomach, along with excitement. i try to stop myself from smiling. "go ahead"
he sighs, "well, faye?" he asks. "yeah?"
"i've been wondering if you um wanted to be my girlfriend?" he asks, a small smile appearing on his face. "i know we've just started getting closer
after a few years of knowing eachother but-" i cut him off my kissing him. the thing i've been longing for the small amount of time we've known eachother. he kisses me back, his hands trailing up and down the sides of my body. he pulls away and bites his lip ever so slightly.

"i've got a surprise for you." he gets up and grabs something from the inside of his wardrobe. i sit confused, until he reveals what he was holding. an england shirt, which on the back read "mount" followed his team number.
"oh my god i love that so much" he hands it to me as i stand up to hug him. "so now that you have that, you're coming to the game with us tomorrow."