[2] Then I was 12...

Lunchtime at Sakura Highschool rolled around and as usual, the six friends sat at the big round table in the cafeteria.

But of course, Shizu snuck off to see Yuna, as he wanted to know more about what happened with her overbearing mother. 

Yuna was, as always, hiding among her small group of close friends. A blue-haired bob, a white-haired pixie cut and a purple-haired braid turned their heads towards the rushed Shizu. One of them then eyed Yuna that someone was walking up to them and she turned around, seeing who it was. ''Shizu-senpai! What are you doing over here?'' Yuna asked, hugging him and him hugging back. ''Hey, Yuna! Can we talk in private?'' He answered a question with a question as he smiled towards Yuna's friends. They nodded and went somewhere else as Shizu dragged Yuna to an empty room which happened to be the photography club's room.

''Shizu, What's going on?'', ''I can't stop thinking about what we were talking about yesterday! There have to be some good pageant moments, right?'' Shizu exclaimed as Yuna sighed, facepalmed and answered whilst crossing her arms. ''Fine, I guess we can keep talking about this. And as for your question? Well, there was this one time...'' Yuna thought for a second and started to continue telling Shizu about her pageant life.

~5 Years ago~

A young Yuna had run away from her mom and the beauty crew, and after a few minutes, finally lost them. 

While wandering the halls of the pageant venue, Yuna bumped into another little girl around the same age as her. ''H-Hello... Did you run away too?'' She said. She was wearing a dress with an abundance of layers as Yuna was still in her casual clothes. ''Yeah... My name is Yuna. What's yours?'', ''I'm Akemi!'' the girl said as the two ran around together, having as much fun as a child would normally.

'' 'Una! Yuna, Hunny, where are you?! You'll miss the show, you have to get ready!'' Yumeko Shiomi was heard from another hallway as Yuna's heart skipped a beat. ''Who is that lady?'' Akemi asked, scared. ''It's my mom... She wants me to take part in this stupid pageant.'' Yuna replied, sad. Akemi hugged her and they said their goodbyes as she ran off to find her own parents, leaving Yuna to be told off by her mother.

''Yuna Emulacra Shiomi! I've been looking everywhere, you had me worried! Come on, you need to get ready before the show starts.'' Yuna's mom sounded angry. But Yuna was even more upset! Her mom didn't even care if she was safe. ''Mom... Weren't you worried if I was hurt?'' Yuna asked, looking up at her mom who was dragging her back to the dressing rooms by her wrist. ''What? Of course. Now hurry it up, you're going to win.'' Yumeko brushed off the question quickly as they continued their usual pageant work.

Yumeko was a hateful woman. However, she always stayed calm and acted as if she was a professional actress. 

~Present Day~

''I finally met another girl in the same situation. My first real friend and a mini playdate that was genuine and fun! But in an instant, my mom took me away from her. I never saw Akemi ever again. And if I did, my mom forbade me from ever talking to her. It's a miracle I ever made new friends here, at Sakura Academy.'' Yuna smiled sadly, remembering the innocence of the two little girls in the memory.

Shizu wiped his eyes and then said in a sweet tone, ''I'm sorry you lost a friend like that. It's like having to say goodbye to another kid at a beach! But worst...''. Despite the moment having a sad vibe, Shizu's joke got through to Yuna's heart as she let out a laugh which made Shizu and her smile. 

The bell rang as it was time for their last class, not even realizing they missed lunch.