[4] It's been three years.

After yesterday's storms, the sky had cleared and was now a bright blue colour, shining down on Sakura Highschool and the town it lived in. 

After school, Yuna was heading to her favourite place for boba to meet her boyfriend for their weekly hangout time. 

Shizu was sitting on his phone at their usual table, outside the cafe. He looked up and noticed Yuna walking toward him. ''Hi, Yuna! I already bought your Taro boba! And I got melon!'' Shizu excitedly explained as Yuna giggled and sat down, thanking him. Shizu then started the conversation, ''So... You've told me parts of your pageant life. And you've always said that you hate your mom... So what exactly happened between you two? Or, a better question, when you told her you were moving into the Sakura Dormitory, what happened? Like... Was she mad?'' Shizu's curiosity peaked as Yuna chuckled in a sad tone, shaking her head softly in reminiscence. 

''If I tell you, will you stop asking about my pageanting past?'' as Shizu replied, ''Of course! This was the last question, I promise!'' he smiled lightly, as Yuna started telling Shizu how her pageant life ended.

~Three Years Ago~

The day after Yuna Shiomi's 16th birthday, her mother was drunk in the living room, looking for information about the next pageant. Now that she was 16, Yuna was going to start High School in just a few weeks. Yuna Shiomi had a plan to move out into the school's dormitory and was finally ready to tell her mom about that very subject.

Yuna saw the look in Yumeko's eyes as she sighed and told herself, ''Now or never, Yuna.''. Her mom noticed her and said, ''Oh, 'Una! Hunny, come help mommy compare the prize money for these three pageants.'' to which Yuna said, ''No. Mom, there's something I have to tell you.'' She didn't quite realise it but Yuna was holding her breath, scared of her mother's reaction. ''Oh? Better not be a complaint, complaining gives you wrinkles.'' Yumeko stated. The fact wasn't true, of course, but she believed it because of her fellow pageant-mom friends. Yuna inhaled, tense as she started to say, ''Mom... I won't be pageanting for you anymore. In fact, when I start High School then I'm gonna move into the dorms. I already asked the school and they said dorms are free until graduation. Now that I'm 16... I can legally take my prize money back but I won't take all of it because I know you can't hold a proper job. Also... This isn't something you can argue about with me. It's all already decided.'' Yuna felt like she was about to cry. She's glad she got it over with but her mom has yet to say anything...

'' 'Una, you ungrateful brat! You're rich because I got you into pageanting! You are staying in this house and we will go to one of these pageants next month.'' Yumeko was infuriated as Yuna shouted at her, ''I told you that you can't argue with me! I won't repeat myself again. And stop with that stupid nickname! It's Yuna, not Una.'' and with pure anger, Yumeko didn't hesitate to slap Yuna as hard as she could. Yuna finally broke. She teared up and threw a pillow at her mother before running into her room and packing her things. She hid her suitcases until it was time to leave for the Sakura Dormitory.

~A few weeks later~

The past few weeks were silent in the Shiomi household. Yumeko didn't dare show her face to Yuna as Yuna ignored her mom at all costs. The time had come when Yumeko had to say goodbye to her daughter, probably for the last time.

At the door, Yuna had her suitcases and was ready to head to the school's dormitory. Yumeko was in the hallway as she said in ear-length to Yuna, ''16... Where have the years gone...''. Yumeko had tears in her eyes. Ever since suggesting the idea of pageanting to Little Yuna, Yumeko's view of her own daughter was clouded and the clouded view shattered when Yuna told her of her plans to move out. Even when she slapped her, she didn't realise. Another person trying to get in my way, she had thought. 

Yuna didn't say goodbye to her mother, but rather she looked back in disgust as her mother was sobbing on the doorstep. She has the audacity to cry and act as if she actually cares, Yuna thought.

The last memory Yumeko has of Yuna was her back walking away with her suitcases, planning a better life for herself.

~Present Day~ 

Shizu's first instinct was to hug Yuna. Yuna patted his back and pulled back, ''Don't worry. It was a good change in my life.'' Yuna reassured him as Shizu replied, ''I won't ask any more about your pageant life or mother but based on what you told me... You should talk to her. Yeah, she was a bad mom but she at least deserves a chance to apologise. You don't have to of course, but I think you should.'' Yuna gave him an annoyed pout, not wanting to. ''I know, you're right. But she deserves whatever pain she's going through.'' Yuna responded as she kept pouting. Shizu sighed, ''I know you don't like the idea of talking to someone you hate... so for now, we drink boba and just have fun! Then tomorrow after school, how about I walk you to your old home to talk to your mom... I won't stand with you since it's a you-two thing but I'll be behind you somewhere, I promise.'' Shizu smiles softly as Yuna tried to smile a little too and spoke, ''Mhm, Sounds good.'' 

Shizu held Yuna's hand as they changed the subject and continued their date, laughing and enjoying their Thursday afternoon.