Twin Flames

✿✾❁

❝Two people who have a deep soul connection

Two people who have a deep soul connection. “They seem to mirror one another, have shared similar life paths, history, and sometimes trauma❞
✿✾❁

L

akira smiled at the new novels on the shelves of Nova-con. A place where artists and writers come with ideas for comics, mangas, and novels. 

Lakira was an amazing artist that had worked for Webnoon but decided to go her own way. This, Nova-con, was her way of gaining traction in the community.

Lakira smirked, holding the straps of her satchel, seeing the people dress up as characters from their favorite books like the 'Remarried Emperor' or 'the Witch of the west.

Lakira looked at the map when she felt a tap on her shoulder, which made her flinch as she pulled her bag close to her.

"I-I'm sorry" the voice was soft, thickly covered in a Japanese accent. She looked at the man bowing for forgiveness, "I didn't mean to scare you." 

"Don't worry about it," Lakira lifted a hand trying to make the boy stop as she looked at his features, soft round cheeks, and round almond-shaped eyes that were shadowed by his long lashes.

He looked up with a coy smile, "I just wanted to greet my favorite artists and writers," his grayish-brown eyes sparkled, "I enjoy all of your stories, including your vampire detective one." He blushed, "I know that one isn't too well known."

Lakira smiled watching his permed ebony hair bounce with such personality and couldn't help but think, 'Are all Asain people this kind and cute?'

He then chuckled, cutting himself off, hoping he didn't push his favorite person away. "I also came to show help." He looked at the map on the wall. "I figured you're going to the meeting room for all the booth owners?"

Lakira nodded, "Yep, I totally am" she squinted at herself ashamed at such word choice, it sounded like she was lying.

"I can take you there," she smirked and agreed, taking him up on his offer, "Oh, my name's Akira, I work as a translator."

Lakira nodded, "That's cool, Akira" She let out, "I appreciate you taking me to the meeting room." They walked up the steps and Akira waved his hand with a wide smile

"It's my pleasure, after all, you are the Lakira Noir" Lakira blushed at the praise from such a cute boy she's just met.

He suddenly stopped and sighed, "We're here already" he frowned and turned to Lakira and motioned to the door, "Well, here's your stop"

Lakira thanked him and started to rummage through her bag for her phone, "you seem nice so… Here's my" she grabs her phone and looks up. "Phone…?" Lakira turned her head left then right, "he's gone-"