<3 Petals & Piercings - Norray <3

{AU: Modern. Tattoo Parlor x Flower Shop Trope}

The white-haired boy wraps the twine around the stems of the delicate flowers. He hands it to the last customer of the day before closing the shop. As he walks to the windows to clean them up, he spots Ray working across the street at the tattoo parlor. He watches the black-haired boy longingly as he works for what feels like hours. As he observes the boy's movements closely, their eyes interlock for a moment.

The customer interrupts their moment by starting to converse with Ray. Norman shakes his head to try to clear his thoughts of the boy. It doesn't work. All he can think about is the raven-haired boy across the street. He suddenly gets an idea.

Norman goes to the back and grabs red tulips, red carnations, and white lilies. He grabs a white ribbon and ties the flowers into a neat bouquet. He gathers his courage up and walks across the street, bouquet in hand. He gently opens the glass door and shyly waves at Ray. Ray goes over to him.

"Hey. Nice to see you here," He says.

"Y-yeah, um...These are for you," Norman stammers, handing the boy the bouquet. Ray accepts them, his face turning a slight pink as he does.

"Thanks," Ray responds, trying to play it cool. "Why did you bring me them though?"

"Do you promise not to get mad at my answer?"

"Yeah, sure."

"I think you're really cool, smart, handsome, and much more. I-i was going to ask if maybe... You wanted to go out sometime..?"

Ray starts chuckling. Norman sees this as rejection and starts to leave, holding his head down in dejection. Ray grabs him before he can get far.

"Hey, wait! I'd love to," Ray says, holding his hand. "The reason I'm laughing is that you acted like I didn't already know."

"W-wait, you knew?"

"Yeah. I mean, you do constantly stare at me while doing your work. Did you think I wouldn't notice?"

"Ah, I suppose that would give it away, huh?" Norman says sheepishly.

The two walk out of the tattoo parlor, holding hands and conversing joyfully.

~~~

Ray walks Norman up to his door.

"I had a great time with you. Do you mind if we did it again sometime?" Norman asks.

"Sure. Does this weekend work--" Ray gets cut off abruptly by his phone ringing. He answers it only to instantly hear Emma screaming in his ear.

"RAY! DID YOU FINALLY ASK HIM OUT?! I THINK I SAW YOU GUYS AT THE BOOK STORE--" He hangs up.

"Sorry about that. Uh, I'll meet you tomorrow after my shift ends."

Ray begins to walk back to his house, but Norman calls after him before he can get far.

"Hey, wait! You forgot something!"

"I did? What is it---"

Norman cuts him off with a kiss. He pulls away quickly.

"Bye, Ray! See you tomorrow!" Norman says hurriedly before rushing into his house, leaving both of them a flustered mess.

~~~

{A/N - Sorry the chapter's a bit short! I'll try to make them longer in the future. Hope you enjoyed it! :3}