Prologue

She stepped into the bright venue. People robed in dignity stood with their glasses of champagne. They spoke in a dignified tone, with plastered smile on their faces.

But their hearts were filled with jealousy and hatred. Women greeted each other with a 'muah' kiss on each cheek but within their hearts they envied the other woman for their diamond necklaces.

They boasted off their silks and showed off their assets. Young women swooned over the eligible bachelor and young men stood checking out and rating the hottest woman.

She watched like a hawk from a far until her secretary said, "That's Vikram an eligible bachelor..."

"Spare me the marriage details." She snapped, without turning to the short woman beside her.

The secretary pursed her lips into a thin line trying not to laugh. She cleared her throat and said, "And that's Mr. Jalal Mohammad."

"Ruks crush...." Sighed Ajabde sounding distant.

"Mahri bhatiji...." Came a shrill cry from behind her.

Ajabde huffed in irritation but painted a smile on her lips and turned saying, "Kakusa!"

"Thanne aate aaneki zaroorat kay tha. Phool hambal leti!"

 Phool hambal leti!"

"Hambal hi rahi hai..." Muttered Ajabde eyeing Phool who was busy being the social butterfly of the event.

"Toh...enjoy the party." Said Lakshman and walked past her.

O kakusa na hota toh inka hatya toh mhare haat hi hota, she thought trying to swallow up her anger.

¶¶¶

"I also love the fashion brand that.."

"Thanks Miss Parmar." Snapped a rather bored Pratap.

"Mr. Sisodya!"

Vaa bapu ko aathe aana tha, thought Pratap trying hard not to roll his eyes. And just like every other elite person in the venue, he brought out his handsome smile and held out his hand greeting the older man.

"I see you'll are getting along very well..."

Phool giggled and blushed while Pratap said, "Yes of course. I can hardly stand here anymore."

His secretary almost laughed but Pratap's stern glare made him stop immediately.

"Oh then let's have a seat." Suggested Lakshman.

Pratap nodded reluctantly and turned to take a seat. Just then Phool noticed Ajabde and walked up to her.

"Why exactly are you here?" Asked Phool.