Love me┃Summer days ♥︎

The best days of my life had finally begun. I had no idea how we all made it here, but we did. We finally did.

A lot of things had changed during the summer, especially for me.
During this time, I would have been traveling the world with my parents, went shopping with Laila and Maria until our legs dropped, or spent the days at my grandparents cabin by the ocean.

But this summer was anything but that.

  "Come on, Y/n. It's not that bad—I promise" Eren stood beside me next to the bathroom mirror at his house. I was unfortunate to have gotten a pimple on my left cheek and it irritated me to no end.

"But it's so annoying! Why do I have to wake up and see this on my face?" I groaned for the fourth time, already fed up with my own reflection. There wasn't anything I could do about it.

"It's still cute, your face" He put on a little smirk, bending down to poke my cheek as I pouted even more. I was getting used to Eren's constant teasing, especially now that we were in a relationship. He took that opportunity gravely.

Only one week was left off our summer vacation. Many of our friends have been away with families and other loved ones, but they had all returned this weekend.

All except one.

Ymir was still absent from our lives. It had been over three months and nobody had heard a word from the girl. Historia was out of her mind with worries and she hadn't been herself this summer. It was hard on all of us because we knew nothing.

Jean and Eren went to Ymir's house multiple times, but nobody answered. We all hoped that she was on vacation, trying to get past what had occurred this last year. I knew that she felt guilty for what she did to Eren and me.

"Still no news?" I gazed up at Eren, concern lingering on my face again. The school was starting in just a week and we assumed Ymir would show her face by this time.

Eren fished up his phone, reading through some messages before he sighed. "Nope. Jean tried contacting her parents again, but it seems like the numbers were changed" He shrugged, "We just have to wait and see what the school says next Monday. I'm sure they must know what's going on"

"Alright. I just hope we get some answers soon...it's been so long" I brushed through my hair a final time before settling on my ribbon.

"I know. I'm sure she just needs time away after everything we have been through" Eren made the effort to wrap his arms around my stomach, pulling me into a warm hug. "We need to focus on our futures too" He whispered.

I knew how much peace meant to Eren now.
We had been through hell this past school year and there wasn't a day where we could just relax and enjoy our lives together.
I could tell that Eren was working hard just so that we could focus on our future. I spent almost the whole summer at his house and we managed to talk about everything.

It was a lot. Our love.

I knew he loved me more than anything in the world and it was overwhelming sometimes because I felt the exact same about him. I would lay down my life for him. He knew that.

But getting the summer together was healing. We finally had time to focus on ourselves and not let anybody else interfere. Now we stood more stable and I was planning to keep it that way.

"I know...we still have two years of high school left. Let's try to survive that first" I planted my hand onto his cheek, rubbing my thumb across it gently. Eren was fighting so hard to keep me happy and satisfied, and I cherished him more than anything.