Love me│Distance

"Ah, finally the last box." An exhausted sigh came from Sasha as she entered the door with her breath ragged.

"Thank you for helping me out. I promise I'll treat you guys to some nice dinner later." A smile found its way to my lips. Both Sasha, Petra and Armin offered time to help me move my belongings into my new apartment situated in the city.

I was finally getting settled in after a long summer.

"Oh—I want to eat ramen please!" Sasha found her energy again as she raised both her arms in the air.

"Ramen?" Petra waltzed in from the living room, waving her hands in front of her face. "It's way to hot outside to be eating ramen." She pointed out and I sure agreed. We were all sweating from lifting heavy boxes all day as well.

"Let's turn on the fan before we leave." I sulked forward, entering the living room. The area was quite large, having the kitchen open on the left side and big windows that towered all the city. Also, there were two bedrooms so I could have guests over without issues. It was perfect.

"Where do you want this lamp?" Armin asked as he peered around, contemplating on here it would fit the best.

"You can just put it next to the sofa, thank you." I pointed at the spot until it dawned on me. "Wow, I can't believe we're moving furniture in my apartment like we're adults now!" I dazed out, eyes expanding.

"I know, it feels so surreal to even know that you're going to be staying by yourself all year, Y/n." Armin added in as he helped move the lamp. Everything was pretty much settled, just my personal things in boxes.

"Aren't you going to be lonely here?" Sasha ambled next to me, eyes gazing to mine in a worried manner.

"No, I'll be fine." I forced on a small smile, "My parents were away most of the time so I'm accustomed to being by myself." I told them, even though I didn't get into the whole charade of my mother and I had on bad terms. She and I couldn't have lived together even if we tried to make it bearable. I felt sorry for my father.

"Well, you're welcome to have dinner at my place any time you need." Armin sent me one of his glimmering smiles, making my lips erupt into another grin. We had all been through hell and back, I knew that my friends were my family no matter what. They're all I need.

"So, what's the plan now? Are the boys finished with practice yet?" Petra asked, earning a hesitant nod from Armin.

"They should be finished around 4 o'clock." Armin looked at his watch, "Have you spoken to Eren?" His eyes then peered directly at me and it made me feel like I was on the spot. Just his name sent me shivers.

"No, I haven't." The second those words left my lips, frown were painted on my friends faces. I took a nice breath before proceeding. "Guys, if you all know what's going on behind my back I would appreciate if just someone would tell me what's up with him lately?" I asked, more like pleaded for any type of information.

"It's...you have to talk to Eren." Armin said and I sighed.

"I have tried. He won't tell me anything!" I let out a desperate breathe, throwing my hands in my hair in frustration. "Eren told me at the party that he needed to tell me something important. He was drunk so we agreed to talk about it the next day. Then, when I decided it was time to talk, he pretended like he forgot!"

The words lulled out of me and I was beginning to feel dejected by this whole situation. The worst part was; I defined my own mother, ripped my passport apart so I could stay here with my friends and build a life with Eren.
And now...things seemed to be faltering beneath my fingertips and that hurt my soul.