Chapter 4

Your POV:

I woke up this morning later than I usually would. I was really tired last night so no surprise I slept in. I rubbed the sleep from my eyes and stretched before getting up and going downstairs. My mom was home, I knew since her keys were on the table. She works nightshift so sometimes we don't see each other a lot.

I went into the kitchen to make some breakfast. I sat at the table, briefly reading over the newspaper that was on the table.

Afterwards, I went and had a shower to freshen up. In the bathroom, I looked at myself in the mirror. Only then I realised. I was still wearing Soda's flannel, and that I had slept in it. I liked the flannel a lot, it's a nice colour. I didn't have a plan today so I decided I would return the flannel to Sodapop at some point. I remember Soda telling me he worked in the nearby DX station, I could return it to him there.

I took my shower and got dressed. I dried my hair in my towel and pulled it back, tying it gently so it wouldn't be in my face.

I threw on a pair of shoes and headed back downstairs with the flannel. I wrote a quick note for my mom, I usually just let her know where I am in case I'm not back before she wakes up. She doesn't mind me going out, she just needs to know where I am.

I put the note on the kitchen counter and left. The gas station Soda worked at was about a 5 minute walk from my house.

I arrived at the station and went inside. I decided since I was here, I'd pick up a drink and small snack. I took a cold Pepsi from the fridge and grabbed a candy bar, then went to the cash register to pay. I smile when I see Sodapop behind the counter.

"Hey (Y/N)! Glad to see you again!" He said cheerfully. "Hey Soda! Happy to see you as well. I'm here to give you back your flannel from yesterday" I say. "Oh, thank you! That's real nice of you". He gives me a smile. 'He's quite the looker' I think to myself.

I hand him the flannel and give him my drink and candy bar to scan. "It's on me, my treat" he says.

"Oh, you don't have to-" "I insist! Hey, our little secret". He gives me a wink and I can't help but chuckle a little. "Alright, alright. Thank you" I say. "No problem at all" he replies.

"How are you doing today?" he asks. "A little tired, but aside from that I'm pretty good. You?" "I'm doing good too" Soda smiles. "Glad to hear it" I say.

The door swings open and a boy comes in. He's dressed in the same shirt as Soda, the DX uniform shirt. His hair is dark and he has dirt marks on his face. "Hey, Steve!" Soda says cheerfully. "Hey, I need your help with a car out back whenever you're ready, need you to hold somethin' up" the guy says. Steve.. I remember Sodapop talking about him yesterday, he said he was his best friend since grade school and worked here at the station with him.

"I'll be right out. This is (Y/N), the girl I told you about last night". Soda said, gesturing me to Steve. Steve nodded and said "what's goin' on, (Y/N), I'm Steve". I thought it was kinda cute that Soda told Steve about me. "Hey, nice to meet you" I said.

Soda went out to help Steve with the car he was fixing and I decided to follow along. The three of us chatted for a while before I figured I should be on my way home.

"I better get going, nice talkin' to you both". "Alright, see ya (Y/N)" Soda said with a wave. I heard what sounded to be a "bye" from Steve who was under the car. I waved and started walking home. It was around late afternoon when I got to my house. I kicked off my shoes when I went inside and took a sip of my Pepsi.

I went to the living room and switched on the TV. I flicked through the channels but there wasn't anything interesting on. Taking another sip of my Pepsi, I decided to head to the kitchen to make some lunch.

From that day onwards, it became a regular thing for me to drop by the DX every week. I enjoyed talking with Soda and Steve, sometimes they'd talk about stories from when they were younger which I thought was sweet.

- A/N
I hope you all had a great Christmas, and if you don't celebrate it then I hope you're enjoying the holidays. Remember to eat something and stay hydrated! I love you all <33