Two

"What..." I gulped, "What do you mean, Kairo?"

He smiled and pulled me for a hug, real tight. He didn't say anything that makes me feel anxious and restless, but I'm willing to wait. For him to explain what he means to say and for him to take back what he meant.

"Kairo..." I called him however he only buried his face on my neck. We stayed like that for a couple of minutes until I felt his shoulder shaking, and soon, I could hear him sobbing.

"Baby, please.." I tried to push him and see his face but he only stiffen his embrace. I don't know what to do aside from tapping his back to calm him down, even though I was crying buckets too.

Hearing his cries makes me feel like an evil person. How can I do this to him? How could I break him?

Minutes later, he pulled me to sit comfortably in his lap and continued sobbing, I wanted to chuckle at his cuteness though I ended up muttering my apologies even though I know it wouldn't change the fact it hurt both of us, I sighed when he only shakes his head in response.

We continued like that for hours until I felt him relax a little, pushed him to view a tear-streaked face, and cupped his cheeks for a kiss. He sobbed even more.

When we parted from the kiss, he put our forehead together.

"Kairo.." I murmur, he shakes his head.

"Don't.. Don't leave me... Please." I gasped. Tears kept falling from his eyes while I was left dumbfounded.

"W-what? I won't!" I wiped his tears, "Kairo, please. Stop crying." I begged. I know he is such a baby that gets easily upset and cries at almost everything, but this kind of crying can take away his breath. And it was so painful to hear.

"I'll do... I'll do my best, baby. I'll do my best," he muttered between sobs.

I gently rubbed his chest since he was having a hard time breathing. "Baby, breathe."

I was about to stand up and get him water but he wrapped his arms firmly, I sighed when he wouldn't want to let me go, "You have to calm down, babe." I whisper, he nods.

I watch him calm down before kissing his eyes, the tip of his nose, and his lips. I run my fingers to his hair and continue kissing every part of his face. When I look at him, there was still a hit of sadness in his eyes.

Sometimes, I regret meeting him. I regret being the reason for his sadness. And because of me, I feel like he's losing himself just to keep me. We're happy to have each other, but relationships aren't always about rainbows and better days. Some storms will test our foundation, our love. And most of the time, even if you survived the storm, it caused trauma that you have to heal and conquer on your own.

And I know, this is one of the storms. I just hope, we get through it.

"What are you thinking?" he asked. I shook my head, planning not to tell anything but I ended up saying, "Just about us."

I watch him memorize every part of my face until he captured my lips for a kiss.

We kissed deeper, hungrier, and messy. We were making out when he came to a halt.

He looks at me softly, "I love you." I smiled and kissed him again, and he gladly responded.

In between kisses, he muttered I love yous.