Last

"Five years ago,  my heart got broken to the point I didn't want to love again. But two years after trying to heal my wounds and move on from the past, I met you. I met a guy who easily gets grumpy, I met a guy who resorts to violence whenever he's irritated with my presence, whenever he doesn't get want he wants, or whenever he gets shy around me. I met a guy who can be both cute and scary." he chuckles, "I met a guy who I never knew could fill my empty heart."

I unconsciously played with my fingers as I look at the floor and smiled upon hearing his vows. 

"Your mean reactions, I got addicted to it. I thought it was just a small crush, my happy crush until I need your attention, I crave for your attention. But it slipped on my mind that you're the sassy boy Dino Kyung-soo Doh, you can turn that 'happy crush' to 'I can't stop thinking about you.' When I thought I couldn't love again, you proved me wrong. Because here I am now, ready to live the rest of my life with you."

He smiled brightly, slipping the ring on his partner's ring finger, "I, Kairo Kim, promise to love you until our hair grows white. I promise to hold your hand as we both walk towards our future. I promise to understand and listen to you whatever you want to share and tell me. I will give every support that I know and be your guide as you reach your dreams. I promise to take care of you and our future family. And I will do my best to keep you and be there for you. I love you. So much. Thank you for coming into my life. You complete me, my love."

As I wiped my tears, I grinner. I'm happy for him. So happy that finally, finally, he's receiving the love he deserves and that he's found the right person for him.

After the wedding, I was about to leave when he caught my eyes. My smile grew wider and gave him a two thumbs up, saying, "Congratulations, Kairo."

He mouthed, "Thank you, Jaleah." before returning his gaze to his husband, who was already staring him in the eyes. He flashed his sweetest smile before kissing his forehead. Some of the things about him that never change.

Before completely walking away, I smiled at the thought. But it was at the same time that regrets began to pour over me.

I used to regret meeting him, causing him pain. Now, I regret letting him go. 

My phone beeped, I smiled right when I saw who texted me.

From: D (Kairo's Husband)

Thank you for coming, J. This means to both of us. I know Kairo is happy to see you, you've become an important part of his life, so thank you, J. And I'm also forever grateful for the chance you have given me for us to become friends. Others may have found it strange, but who cares, right? You're a wonderful person, and we're both lucky to be part of it. Please always be safe, and invite us to your wedding too, okay?

--

I heard a loud knock on my door, I check the time and it's almost midnight.

I sighed and put down my pencil, I've been drawing new designs the whole day. And maybe, for the past two years too. I've drowned myself in staying at the office unless it's fashion week.