chapter 3

welcome back to chapter 3! I'm so excited to continue with this (and Hold the Sprinkles)! Anyways, I think y'all will seriously love Nadiya and all of the other beautiful characters created by some of you<3 

^what a duoooooo! also I'm v pissed off rn bc I found the perfect gif on tumblr from yesterday's game with mase's celebration after his goal and he looked so cocky and so fricking good. But wattpad would not let me put it on here🥺

but uhm tbh, I have the most messed up opinion bc I think guys look so hot when they're cocky. and mason pretty much embodied that yesterday, so so hot. okay I'm going to stop simping rn. remember to vote and comment xxx

third person point of view

Nadiya sat propped up on her bed scrolling through the thousands of new social media comments and messages that she'd been receiving in the past twenty four hours. There had been, well let's just say, quite colourful language. 

She had received so many hate comments, criticisms, and even a few death threats from two mason mount fanpages. And Nadiya absolutely hated every minute of it. People wanted to kill her just because she didn't like their starboy.  

Nadiya was a very sensitive person. As a child if she answered a question wrong in class, she'd silently weep. It took her until age 12 to get over that habit. Now, as an adult, she was able to hold in her tears until she was alone. However you could imagine what all of these horrid comments did to Nadiya.

She'd decided to stay home from uni for a day because she could not her through the day without crying. It was a good call, because she'd been crying for the past 6 hours. 

The messages that said Nadiya didn't know football or Nadiya's content was shit didn't bother her.

It was the racist messages that said go back to china.

It was the sexist messages that said she was the reason females knew nothing about football and that she should be cooking and cleaning instead of content creating.

It was the messages from middle aged men saying how ugly her body was and that if their wife had Nadiya's face, they'd probably kill themselves. 

While not everyone was sending her hate, the strong majority (about 60% of the messages), were hate comments or messages. Nadiya had dealt with hate before obviously, but never so much all at once.  

Nadiya was alone, with no one to comfort her or reassure her that everything about be all right. Her two roommates were at in person classes and Louisa had left early the previous morning. She wanted to call her dad but she knew he was working on an extremely important work assignment. She wanted to call her mum, but she didn't feel comfortable enough talking to her about it. Her friends had tried to take a day off to be with her, but Nadiya wouldn't allow it.

Nadiya had screwed herself over. Instead of continuing to scroll through comments, Nadiya made the smart choice to shut off her phone.

"Why do they all hate me so much?" She sobbed.