chapter 6

third person pov 

"Diya you have to get upppppppp." Nate started flicking her face repeatedly. 

"Go away." She groaned, putting a pillow over her face. 

She was about to peacefully stay in her daydreams before she felt a weight whisked off of her. He  stole her blanket. 

Diya was left only in her cartoon shorts and oversized Spurs jumper. 

"What the hell Nathaniel???" Diya yelled, using her brother's full name. 

"Your roommates said you haven't left the flat for five days." 

"Why are you calling them my roommates? They have names you know." Diya rolled her eyes. 

"Yeah well you never specifically say their names." Nate responded back snappily. 

"Yeah well that's because I don't feel like saying their names. Too much time and effort." Diya started elongating her words in a way that almost felt like slurring except she clearly was not drunk. 

"Diya. I know you're trying to stall this conversation." Nate folded his arms across his chest. 

"Listen Nate. I just don't want to do this right now. I'm not leaving my room. Some crazy fanboy could jump me or something. We're super close to the Chelsea part of London and I'm not taking any chances." 

"Then come with me." Nate stated simply. 

"What?" Diya began narrowing her eyes at her brother.

"Come on. With your favourite big brother there, no one will dare go near you." Nate smiled happily. 

Diya sat up and sighed, "Listen Nate. Just because you're a man, does not mean that you're strong and intimidating. I'd have more luck fighting off crazy fanboys by myself."

"You're such a hater." Nate frowned. 

"Yes, yes I am." Diya smirked, laying her head back with her imaginary shades on. 

Nate took a step back and pondered for a minute. 

"Wanna go out for ice cream?" He grinned. 

Diya bit her cheek. Not leaving the house for five days meant she'd been without her favourite thing for even longer, ice cream. 

"Fine." She said, quickly getting up and grabbing her bag, stuffing it with her phone, keys, and wallet. 

She slipped on some Nike slides and was ready to slip out the door before she saw the disapproving look from her brother. 

"What?" She asked with annoyance. 

"Wearing those cartoon pyjama bottoms is just going to make you draw attention to yourself." 

"Point." Diya replied, pointing her finger in the air. 

She pushed her brother out of the room and slipped into short black athletic shorts which were covered by her oversized Spurs jumper. Diya threw her hair in a bun and pushed her glasses back up the bridge of her nose. 

"Wow, I do look like a mess." She mumbled to herself. 

"Oh well."

"Look alive Nate." Diya sped out of her room, tossing her brother his keys. 

"You want to drive in London? Are you mad?" Nate sputtered. 

"Yes. The closest ice cream shops are even closer to the Chelsea side. So not happening." 

Nate shoved his keys toward his sister, "I'm not driving in London." 

Diya rolled her eyes, "Idiot, you drove your car here. You're gonna have to drive it back to your place eventually." 

"I hate you. With a passion." Nate responded. 

twenty five minutes later...

"Look! There! There's a spot!" Diya shouted to her a brother. 

"No way. That's too small." He refused. 

"Listen here dumbass, if you don't take that spot we'll be driving around all night an—" Diya started before she was abruptly cut off by Nate jerking the car to fit in the spot. 

Diya meekly looked around before getting out of the car. 

"Not horrible." She praised her brother, nodding her head. 

"Always." He replied with a smile on his face after the appraisal. 

"That literally made no sense." 

"Whatever." He rolled his eyes at her. 

The two spotted the shoppe and skipped over with excitement. At least Diya did. All of her problems would be solved with one mere scoop of strawberry sorbet. 

Diya stared at the ground and pulled her hood up as soon as she got in the shop. She had no desire to be recognised. 

"Read me the flavours Nathaniel." She ordered her brother. 

"Diya what?" He asked. 

"Unless you want to witness me get hate crimed, read me the bloody flavours or I'll hatecrime you." Diya hissed. 

"Jesus Christ Diya." Nate mumbled before reading her the flavours one by one. 

He knew Diya always got very impatient when ice cream was right in front of her but not in her possession. 

Diya quickly looked up and noticed there were only two parties in front of them. At the front was some guy and a little girl holding his hand. Directly in front of them seemed to be a couple. 

Diya inwardly cheered once she saw the man and little girl at the front begin turning, because it was their time soon. 

She looked at Nate whose eyes bulged out. 

She shouldered him lightly. 

"What's up?" Diya asked him. 

"I'd look down if I were you." 

Diya as usual, did not do as told and looked straight ahead. 

And to her surprise, that man with the little girl was none other than Chelsea's number 19. 

****

Y'all I have not updated this since Feb 2022. I am so sorry but here it is. Remember to vote n comment <3

**also not revised