Heather Report pt. 2

(Heather's POV)

Alright I've got almost all the info I needed. But I barely got anything on Deadly Nadders thanks to Astrid coming in out of nowhere. She's not as gullible as the others Snotlout, Tuffnut, Fishlegs, and Hiccup are easy. Astrid and Ruffnut, well Ruffnut is just like Tuffnut, and Astrid is suspicious enough as is. Although there is one person that I haven't got enough info on. (Y/n), his Dragon seems to be the most fascinating one out of the group. Not just a dragon but him as a person directly, I quit could have sworn that Fishlegs said something about a monster book.

"Alright, Jetwing ready?"- (y/n)

"Hm?"- Heather

I turned the corner to see said person talking to his dragon. What were they going to do? Jetwing was facing (y/n) crouched to the ground while he had a shield raised. Jetwing started to fire multiple fire balls at the shield and started to do a bunch of claw attacks. Letting curiosity take the better of me I started to walk over to them.

"Good job, nice to see this actually works."- (y/n)

"Hey."- Heather

"Oh Heather."- (y/n)

"What are you two doing?"- Heather

"Oh nothing just testing some reinforcement spells."- (y/n)

"Wait spells."- Heather

"I did say I'd tell you later. I know how to do magic. These tattoos that have pretty much give me the ability to cast spells. And I'm just seeing what this reinforcement magic is all about."- (y/n)

(Y/n) showed me his arm and I started to examine it. Lightly turning his arm to see all of them. These do look exactly like tattoos but I can't make out what they say. While I was looking I started to feel his hands, they felt so rough but, somehow so gentle at the same time. They felt so nostalgic in a way, they felt just like my father's before he passed.

(I'm not really sure but, I think Heather knew she was adopted at this point in the show. She just didn't know that Dagur was her brother. Or her actual dad.)

"U-uh H-heather. Y-your um."- (y/n)

I didn't notice what I was doing until he said something. While I was so busy reminiscing I completely drifted off and was caressing his hand in mine. I looked at him with my eyes widened and saw that he was looking away with a blush. I quickly let go instead back a little in nothing but pure shock.

"Oh my god I'm so sorry!!"- Heather

"N-no no it's fine. I'm sure you had your reasons."- (y/n)

"No it's nothing weird, it's just your hands remind me of my dad's."- Heather

I covered my mouth in shock of what I just said. Did I just say that? I didn't mean to say that, I'm only here to get the dragon book and that's it. Why do I even care what he thinks about me?

"Your father?"- (y/n)

"It's nothing really it's fine."- Heather

"Are you... worried about your family? I mean it's obvious but, do you... might want to talk about it?"- (y/n)

"No I. I'm just very worried about them. For all I know they could be hurt or worse."- Heather

"I can understand how that feels. I mean I don't show it that much but, I do really care for Hiccup and our dad."- (y/n)

"What do you mean? You just seem fine."- Heather

"Well you're new here so. Just like my father's name I'm pretty stoic at times."- (y/n)

"Hehehehe."- Heather

"Laugh it up. But other than that I don't really express myself that much. Or go out of my way to talk to people. I don't know why but, I just feel out of place here."- (y/n)

"I know how that feels. It was the same for me when I found out that I'm adopted."- Heather

"Your adopted?"- (y/n)

"Dang it! I.... I'm sorry. Listen I don't mean to dump this out on you."- Heather

"No no it's fine. Sometimes talking about it can help. At least that's what Gobber tells me, he says. When you share something with a stranger, you're at least acutely aware of the fact that they didn't know you existed before that moment and won't ever see you again."- (y/n)

(In other words it's easier to talk to a stranger because the stranger won't judge you.)

"He made that up?"- Heather

"That's what I would like to believe considering that he's a little kooky."- (y/n)

What's going on right now? I only came here for the book and here I am just having a jolly old honest conversation. If someone I barely know and am only using so I can get closer to the book so I can save my family. Having all that to worry about, I'm just calm right now, throughout this entire thing I had to fake a smile, a stupid little damsel in distress act. But, he was able to actually get me talking about stuff I want to keep secret.

"I should probably go."- Heather

"Oh uh sure. You must be tired, you know from hanging out with all the guys and stuff hehehe."- (y/n)

"Y-yeah it was nice talking to you."- Heather

"Oh sure anytime. I'm here if you need me."- (y/n)

"I just might take you up on that."- Heather

(Your POV)

As Heather was walking away, I could feel my heart beating. The only person I thought I could speak that easily to is Hiccup. But, I was able to just dump everything out like I was in a therapy session or something. Wait a second does that mean Gobber was actually right!? Well I guess I can't call him crazy anymore.

"*Grunts*"- Jetwing

I looked at Jetwing to see what he was grunting at and saw that he was giving me a weird look. It took me a while to realize what it was but that was the same look I give Hiccup whenever he does something flirtatious with Astrid.

"Oh no don't you give me that look!"- (y/n)

"Gra grrrru."- Jetwing

"Don't give me that you know exactly what I'm talking about!"- (y/n)

"*Laugh*"- Jetwing

"Oh shut up you stupid reptile."- (y/n)

"*Growl*"- Jetwing

"Yeah I said it!"- (y/n)

Jetwing blew smoke in my face and stuck his tongue out walking off in the opposite direction.

"And where do you think you're going!?"- (y/n)

"Graaaagh"- Jetwing

"Oh you no good."- (y/n)