Chapter 13: The Woman

Warning!!!

This chapter contains violence and mature content. Reader discretion is advised.

A brief moment later, there were perplexing screams back at the party. The power was totally switched off since I couldn't hear the music anymore. 

I couldn't see anything. 

It was pitch dark. 

Suddenly, fear crept over me. I slowly leaned my back against the wall and sat down on the floor. I expected the power to return in a minute, but the blackout was longer than I thought. The imagination of Greg doing something terrible to Mike was making me sick. Someone lurking around in the dark now also scared me. 

I waited for more moments. Until I heard footsteps. It was slow as if he was walking on the moon. Then, he walked faster. And faster. 

Rattling. 

I heard them going near me. 

I cringed away when it started to run. I couldn't count my heartbeats anymore. "No," I whispered. 

But then, the footsteps stopped. I didn't know where it had gone. 

The lights turned on. I could already see the hallways clearly. But I was still alone. 

I stood up and fixed myself. I was taken aback when Greg appeared out from somewhere. 

Mike was behind him as if nothing happened. "Oh hey, Nathan. You're going to the restroom? It's this way," Mike said, pointing to the left hallway. 

I looked at him from head to toe, but he seemed well. I turned to Greg and thought he didn't seem to do something bad to Mike. 

"Oh, him?" Mike said, noticing my curious gaze. "My handkerchief accidentally got out of my hand. Then it blacked out. He helped me look for it." 

I exhaled. Greg was emotionless. He was looking straight at me. I couldn't fathom out if he was either mad or sad. 

Again, there were shouts from the party. This time, a louder one as if they saw a bunch of ghosts. 

We walked out of the hall. It was quiet. The music had been off, but the lights were on. 

The students were frozen in their place. Everyone's eyes were wide. Some of them were sitting on the floor and holding their breath. They were all looking up in one direction. 

"Oh, freak!" Mike said behind me. 

I slowly looked up. There I saw a woman, wearing a teacher's uniform, with his neck hung by a thick rope stretching from the third floor. There was a visible lesion on her neck, and her head was plucking from her body as though she would be beheaded in a second. 

I fell to the floor. I almost stopped breathing. I watched the woman's blood pour down the floor from her mouth. 

A girl squeaked that made everyone scream. 

"Let's get out of here!" someone shouted. 

Everyone ran away from the party hall as fast as they could. Mike also ran and helped Kylie stand up from falling. I helped myself get on my feet. I noticed Greg also staring at the woman, still emotionless. 

"What's happening?" I asked. 

The hall was almost empty. I watched the last couple of students get out and almost stumble. The noise died down. 

Greg finally turned away from the woman. He looked straight, staring at one of the tables. "I don't know." 

"What?!" My hands balled up. I almost wanted to break his jaw now. "Of all people, you're the one I know who's capable of doing this!"