You're not alone II | Fili & Kili

Requested by: NJRBlackFeather

Childish laughs were what flooded the house that day. But not only that, but also the races that the little being made in the stairs and throw the corridor to reach the kitchen, followed by the two brothers, Fili and Kili, who laughed with her. In the end, Kili took her in his arms and the girl laughed out loud.

"Do you remember that today is uncle Thorin's birthday?" asked Kili. "What are you going to give him?"

Y/N laughed again and hugged his neck.

"I want to cook him a chocolate cake, by myself," replied the girl.

"Good gift, Y/N, he sure likes it," Fili commented. "But... Won't it be too much for you to make a cake by yourself?"

"No, it is a gift that I want to give him, and with your help it will be a gift from the three of us," she commented, crossing her arms with a face of "annoyance", sure of her words.

At the same time, barefoot footsteps and an angry murmur could be heard in the corridor.

"What noise is this? I can never sleep peacefully," said Dwalin, peering through the kitchen door to see the three culprits who woke him up after having been able to fall asleep for once that night. Fili, Kili and Y/N looked at him surprised and somewhat embarrassed.

"At this rate you are going to wake even Balin, and you know he needs to rest," Dwalin commented. "What are you up to?"

Y/N gently hit Kili on the shoulders to make him release her, and when she was on the floor, she went to Dwalin to take his hand and lead him to the table, showing him a paper that she had written the day before in her bedroom, the plan she had for Thorin's birthday.

"Sit down," she ordered him pointing to the chair, and Dwalin sat down a bit confused. Fili and Kili leaned against the table so they could listen to "their little sister."

"I was writing this just before Balin put me to bed at night to sleep," she said, pointing at the recipe. "I want to surprise uncle Thorin when he gets back from work, and for that you have to buy the ingredients for the cake."

Dwalin looked at her and smiled.

"Me? I'm a mess at these things," he added.

"Yea, you. Better you than Fili and Kili, they are going to mess up the whole supermarket and buy half the ingredients," she said with a mischievous laugh. The brothers complained when they heard those words, but as soon as Dwalin got up from his chair, they both fell silent as if nothing had happened.

"Though... I think the three of you can go, I'll stay with Balin at home while we prepare the gift we have made for Thorin," said the girl, getting down from the chair, taking her breakfast and walking towards the garden to have breakfast there, letting the three of them alone. They kept their gaze on her until she closed the garden door, unable to say a word.

The three of them looked at each other confused and in a bind.

"We cannot allow a kid to control us like this," Dwalin complained with a frown.

"But she's so cute, haven't you seen her with those squeezable cheeks?" Kili asked.

"That doesn't matter, she can't run us like we're her puppets," Dwalin commented.

"Hey, nothing happens. After all, she wants to do it herself, so we save ourselves work. Don't you see it from that perspective?" Fili commented with a mischievous smile, taking the paper and putting it in his jacket's pocket. "We just have to buy the ingredients for Thorin's cake."