Chapter One - Miracle, Are You There?

Angst, Imagination, Songfic

Character:

Baekhyun and Reader

Kai

Suho

'Let there be a miracle this December'

3374 words

"It's almost December...." Baekhyun sighs heavily while looking outside the window.

"Yup, and it's almost time you were discharged from military, Hyung," another voice replied him. He turns and sees Kai coming towards him. Baekhyun flashes a fake smile towards Kai. "Can't believe it's 2023 soon," Kai continues. Baekhyun keeps silent. "Hyung??" Kai calls, making Baekhyun surprised. "Hyung, you look miserable," Kai continues. "I just.... miss her very much. Will she return....?" Baekhyun questioned in a weak voice, tears fell from his eyes. "I know she always keeps her promise. She will return, don't worry hyung."

And so, the flashback started....

2012....

Back in the year 2010, you further studies in South Korea, and this year you gained a chance of being an intern at the company where Baekhyun worked. You have established a friendship with most trainees in that company when you first met Baekhyun. Baekhyun was still in training time, yet you have seen his progress bloom faster than the others. You always gave him a compliment and motivation, making you two got closer, faster than any friendship you ever made as well.

You were there with them when they finally debut with the group name EXO. You congratulate every member, including Baekhyun. They practised day and night to polish their talents in singing and dancing. Whenever Baekhyun felt tired and noticed you came to their practice room, he goes to you; and placed his head on your lap. You two smiled. Your actions caught by the other members, but they are happy to know that Baekhyun has a company to play, since they are familiar with his playful nature. Some of the other members thought you were his girlfriend, as you heard them teasing a few times.

However, as the saying goes, the sky is not always bright. EXO went through their hardship when a few of their members left the group. The members were devastated in hearing the news, and they had to re-arrange all the dance positions, singing parts, and many more. There was a time when Baekhyun was too exhausted and stressed, he came to you and cried. You were surprised upon seeing his reaction, but you remain your composure, and hug him, calming him down. The members were thankful to you for assisting them in getting through the hard days, especially Baekhyun who cried much due to one of his best friends leaving the group as well.

2014....

Finally, you have done your internship, and you obtained work outside of Baekhyun's company. Moreover, whenever they did with their practice, Baekhyun was willing to travel to your workplace to spend time with you, although he does not have a car and a driving licence yet. You two started spending more time together since their dating ban has been lifted. You enjoyed watching late night movies, brisk walks at the park, even sometimes taking you for a new scenery view at his hometown.

One day, Baekhyun raise a question when both of you take a walk at Han River. "Y/N, what am I to you? Be honest." His sudden question made you nervous. "Um.... I see you as, um.... more than.... friends." You embarrassed, while Baekhyun smiled when hearing the answer. "What about you?" You continued. "I see you, and I like you, as a woman." You are blushing too much upon hearing the answer from him. "I want to propose, but I don't have money now." You laughed. "Propose as in, your girlfriend?" You asked. "Nope, straight to marriage." You gasped. "Baekhyun, you just debuted. You should expand your career first. You know I'll always be with you." Baekhyun shakes his head. "Nah, but I'm so madly, deeply in love with you, you're my motivation to go on." You both smile brightly, while he grabs your hand tighter.